Is there a way to still get an ibanez custom painted guitar? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Is there a way to still get an ibanez custom painted guitar?

Does ibanez do custom paint jobs at all anywhere?

if not where would you go to get a pro finish like the old ones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 10:56 AM

It's my understanding that Ibanez no longer does custom graphic guitars for the general public. The custom shop in California will make them for endorsees ONLY.

The alternative is to contact GMW Guitars.

They did 2 customs for me and the work is outstanding. Lee Garver is the guy you want to talk to. He is very patient and will answer all your questions.

They have about 7 pages of graphics to choose from, but will do anything you want.

J>:thumbsup:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

thanks jimm
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 04:51 PM

Got to go with Jimm on this one. There work is sick. I have had the pleasure of playing a couple of their customs. Just excellent work. I have been thinking about picking up a green meanie. I can only imagine how well that guitar plays.

The guys who owned the guitars (well one gal and one guy) swore that the set up was direct from them. Just a great job. Their finishes are flawless...but NOT cheap.

Dave
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 10:13 PM

Re: Is there a way to still get an ibanez custom painted guitar?

To all Ibenez owners,

I'm Mitch319. I've been playing guitar for about 27 years and I actually met Steve Vai several times Steve is a very nice guy and very down to earth.Yes there is a way to still get an Ibanez custom painted. I haven't spoken to this person in a long time. This person was the first who started making jem guitars before Ibanez and Steve Vai had and still has several guitars from this person. If anyone saw the video from David Lee Roth "going Crazy" The Flame guitar Steve Vai was using was one of the first jems before Ibanez started making jems. The guitar builder was Joe Dispagnie and he used to have his shop in Westbury New York Long Island, But like I said I haven't spoken to him in a long time so his shop might not be in Westbury New York Long Island anymore. I had this guy work on all of my guitars before I moved out of New York and that was 6 years ago. About a Month ago I found some of his guitars on the net you have to do a search from google and put his name in the search box. I would like to find him because I have 2 of the orginal jems and I would like him to build me another custom guitar. So whoever does a search for this guy and actually finds him I would appreciate you emailing me with the contact information and I will do the same for anyone interested. My email address is: [email protected] If anyone wants to chat about Ibanez jems just drop me a line anytime.

Sincerely
Mitch319
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 10:28 PM

does somebody here own this one!??!

from gmw's site...

To mitch...
last i heard (2 months ago?) Joe D. was somewhere in Florida.

~K
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
does somebody here own this one!??!

from gmw's site...

To mitch...
last i heard (2 months ago?) Joe D. was somewhere in Florida.

~K
Nice. ^

Tags
custom guitar , custom shop , david lee roth , ibanez jem , playing guitar , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode