They Said It Couldn't Be Done... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

They Said It Couldn't Be Done...

Okay, so the title is a bit gimmicky. But I was told numerous times that it would be with great difficulty or not possible at all to install a Edge Pro in place of a TRS Lo in my Korean JEM555. However, after a tech friend did a little routing (Thanks Ed!) the Edge Pro fits and works like a charm. Check this out: took my low-end 555 and gutted it, sanded it down , primed it, repainted it NEON green (Yee-hah!) ordered a custom neck with neon green vine inlays and reverse headstock from ET in Australia, and picked up a Dimarzio loaded custom vine /tree of life etched pickguard. That baby's gonna FREAKIN' soar!!! The neck is due in Jan. and I am waiting for the top coat to cure on the body. Will post pics when she's done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 08:30 AM

Re: They Said It Couldn't Be Done...

Sounds sweet, the routing cost much?
I've wanted a floyd installed on my Iceman for a while but getting someone to do it costs too much.

The colour sounds interesting looking forward to pics.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:09 AM

No one ever said it flat out couldn't be done, many have said that it couldn't be done without routing...... which you did. Many others have said it shouldn't be done, but that's another matter entirely.

Sounds like you're going to end up with something that's one step (if that) shy of a full custom by the time you're done, which is cool. Hope you're happy with it.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 AM

yea, no one said you couldn't install an EdgePro in a TRS cavity. even cause the TRS cavity is so big that it's got room for any given trem you name.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 01:29 PM

Can't wait for the pics

Tags
upgrading trem on 555

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode