Thinking about a custom jem... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Thinking about a custom jem...

Hey All-

Don't know if this is the right place to post, so feel free to move this if needed, mods.

I own a PRS Custom24. She is sweet and I will never let her go. However, she has her downsides Pickups aren't searing hot, no edge tremolo, no pointy headstock...

I really liked many things about my Jem7VSBL, but it was defiently not "the whole package" to me. I have seen a few people here do custom jems/UVs that have come out great (cerealk's blue swirl is amazing!!!), and Im really considering doing it!

*What am I looking at for cost (custom alder body, custom maple neck, inlays, simple finish, hardware, electronics)? Can any give me even a rough estimate?

*What am I looking at for time, assuming I had all the money to pay for everything upfront?

*Who offers these services, and works with jem projects a lot. Again, Im going to need a body, neck, inlay for neck, and finishing. I have a few ideas, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any stellar recomendations.

Im getting really pumped at the prospect of having a one of a kind guitar. Any input from people with custom/highly modded jems would be awesome.

Thanks!

-Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 12:25 AM

A few of the links at the top of this page provide the services you're looking for... EKG and LGM especially.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 04:25 PM

LGM does kick-butt work.....several projects on Jemsite and a few shown on his web page linked at top. Good luck and keep us posted.....we are all a bunch of custom voyeurs!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 04:33 PM

shameless plug!!!!
http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17981

i like my Ibanez 'Simon Wilkins' model
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2003, 11:06 PM

cereal, I am insanely jealous... that swirl is EXTREMELY easy on the eyes... <drool>
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 05:21 PM

I have been working on a custom project of my own (see http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12254 ).

So far, Im into this for a little over $2k and over 17 months, and its not done yet. All I can say is be very careful to do you research on what you want and who you are going to have do it before you send out even a penny to anyone.

I also will highly recommend Jeremy at LGM guitars for all your inlay and and non-swirl finishing needs.

Tags
alder body , custom jem , edge trem , jem project , lgm guitars , maple neck , pointy headstock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode