Thinking about selling my JEM-77BRMR - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

Thinking about selling my JEM-77BRMR

Hi all,

My first post here. Just wanting some general information.

I am considering selling my Ibanez JEM-77BRMR guitar. It has had very little use and has spent the better part of its life in storage (in its original hardcase). The ONLY reason I am thinking of parting with it is due to financial difficulties. My question is, what is a "general" ballpark price for these guitars when they are sold in used condition? Mine is in very very good condition with all the accessories, owners manual and original hard case. There are some minor scuff marks on the face (rock mirror finish makes these show up easily). I have a picture I took of the guitar last night, however since I am new to the forum, it will not let me attach images or add links.

I'm in Australia.

What would be a fair listing price for one of these in good condition? I just want to get a rough idea on how much I might be able to get for it, should I go ahead and put it up for sale.

Thanks!
Alex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:35 PM

Re: Thinking about selling my JEM-77BRMR

I've got two. One is more of a player with a few dings on the body and the top has some marks and small "cracking" on the contour only noticed in certain angles. I payed around $1600 for it and it is my "player" gigging guitar. I bought a second in pristine condition with hang tags (a few smudges and tiny blemishes on the face if looking close, but a closet case guitar most likely just like yours with no dings or major issues) I payed just over $1900 for that one, close to $2000 shipped. This was last fall. The player I bought about two years before that. If that helps......Maybe around $2000 for REALLY good condition and then down from there depending on issues present.

Last edited by JemSLO; 04-10-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode