Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)? - Page 15 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

444Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 07:20 PM

Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marviner View Post
You seem to categorize him as a person, who likes Jem's only because he's a Vai fan.
How do you know that?
He spent a whole post talking about his connection with Steve as an artist and is on board with that artistic direction (is buying a PIA) he personally visited Steve's art exhibition and has no attachment to the Jem. That very much sounds like someone who is very much a Steve Vai fan first and foremost. I'm not categorizing anyone as a person either, I'm responding to the views and thoughts expressed in his post.

I mean you're being a bit hypocritical here, because had you read my post with an open mind and without any preconceived bias you would have seen nothing in my post that was offensive or argumentative, you would have just seen someone giving their 2c on a topic while reminiscing about their experiences leading up to present day, all tying in with my opinion on the PIA after so much anticipation throughout the last 2 months. You've really got it wrong here, and I have good reason to be offended by your rude and confrontational response to my attempt of giving an honest, friendly and neutral response to the guy.
BigBazz is online  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
He spent a whole post talking about his connection with Steve as an artist and is on board with that artistic direction (is buying a PIA) he personally visited Steve's art exhibition and has no attachment to the Jem. That very much sounds like someone who is very much a Steve Vai fan first and foremost. I'm not categorizing anyone as a person either, I'm responding to the views and thoughts expressed in his post.

I mean you're being a bit hypocritical here, because had you read my post with an open mind and without any preconceived bias you would have seen nothing in my post that was offensive or argumentative, you would have just seen someone giving their 2c on a topic while reminiscing about their experiences leading up to present day, all tying in with my opinion on the PIA after so much anticipation throughout the last 2 months. You've really got it wrong here, and I have good reason to be offended by your rude and confrontational response to my attempt of giving an honest, friendly and neutral response to the guy.

I am sincerely sorry.

I do apologize my mistake, and I wish there's no hard feelings.
Now that I read it again... My bad, I'm really sorry.

This is no joke. I realize, that I made a mistake, and I'm sorry for that.
Errare humanum est, as they said in ancient Rome. It means that making mistakes is part of being human. Ut Proven.
jim777 likes this.

Last edited by marviner; 01-11-2020 at 07:53 PM.
post #213 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I am sincerely sorry.

I do apologize my mistake, and I wish there's no hard feelings.
Now that I read it again... My bad, I'm really sorry.

This is no joke. I realize, that I made a mistake, and I'm sorry for that.
Errare humanum est, as they said in ancient Rome. It means that making mistakes is part of being human. Ut Proven.
It's fine. To clarify I agree with the sentiments expressed by EKG when looking at it from his perspective, but felt the need to point out the other side of the coin. We're all of different age groups, have had different lives and experiences with guitars. I'd hazard a guess that at 33 years old I'm one of the younger guys around here, I'm a player who didn't experience the Jem while it was more currently relevant so experiences are new for me. That said, there are players a lot younger than me that get inspired when they see a Jem and for many non guitarists the Jem 777 is a new experience for them, despite that it's actually a relic of the 1980s.

It really depends on your reference point for experiencing new things. My younger cousin (who is around 18 now) has been obsessed with The Beatles and Van Halen since discovering them a few years ago, and also plays guitar.. So there are still young people discovering the old stuff that are really inspired by them to create new music. On the PIA it's clear I'm not a fan of it, but with the right colour scheme in the future that could change, I wish Steve well with his endeaver but as a Jem fan first and foremost I just want the ultimate Jem to turn up in my life.

Pyramid neck, swirl paint job, stainless steel frets and a trem of the Edge variety... Maybe I should just go the custom Jem route and send it to Richard Fay to swirl.
BigBazz is online  
post #214 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 09:42 PM

Gotta say i am warming up to these a bit, the pink one looks the best imo. Lookin' forward to pics of them from the show this week.
post #215 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 08:06 AM

Reviews: 12
Cool Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Quote:
I'm absolutely sure, it will be heavenly to play.

Design wise, I think Steve Vai models needs to be over the top, flamboyant, shocking, controversial, and so on. They need to divide opinions, otherwise they would be just plain old guitars, without any character. Nobody would even lift an eyebrow, if they were like that.

So, I think it's good when some people hate this new model, and some people (like me) simply love it.

It means that, whatever it is - at least, it's not boring
Damn well said...
post #216 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 08:35 AM

Pink PIA with gold hardware looks great. I would always prefer scalloped fretboard over SS frets.
post #217 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaraki_gaijin View Post
I regularly used to play with an alt rock band (Teles/Gibsons compulsory) with a JEM 77FP...
I've been using my 77FP for country, pop, rock, restaurant music, rock clubs, Japanese music, since the day I got it. Great guitar that does everything!
DEADTUNES666 likes this.
post #218 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
...the tone and volume knobs. Are they like they used to be, or are they those chromed ones, like in S-series (not a deal breaker, but I do sometimes volume swells with my pinky, and they are a lot easier with JEM-like knobs)?
I've had a set of Knob-ease on my JEM since right after I got it and couple with the perfect positioning of the volume control, they've always been perfect for volume swells.
post #219 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 10:43 AM

Hmm, Fender coming out with a pink shredder at NAMM. 17 inch radius, Floyd, HSS. Decisions, decisions.
post #220 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 05:47 PM

It looks like somebody is getting ready for an official release...

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/PIA3761

It also looks like "Pia" is an official trademark of Hoshino Gakki. The application was made in September 2019.

https://trademark.trademarkia.com/pia-88621630.html

Last edited by ThePedroDB; 01-12-2020 at 07:18 PM.
post #221 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePedroDB View Post
It looks like somebody is getting ready for an official release...

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/PIA3761
Like the AANJ neck. These will be awesome players. Just wish they were $1k less.
post #222 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The TPS Report View Post
Hmm, Fender coming out with a pink shredder at NAMM. 17 inch radius, Floyd, HSS. Decisions, decisions.
You got me curious for a moment there, but it seems to be a MIM guitar with a Floyd Rose Special and a list price of 956?
BigBazz is online  
post #223 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 10:52 PM

Fender discovered the Charvel.

post #224 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
You got me curious for a moment there, but it seems to be a MIM guitar with a Floyd Rose Special and a list price of 956?
Believe that will be a MIJ model. Problem is reportedly only a run of 300.
post #225 of 538 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 12:43 AM

Here's some flowers and petals.....and some sprockets and gears. Makes no sense to me, but like the majority who have seen these, I won't be buying one.

Add a little red to the green one and you've got yourself a Karma Chameleon JEM.

Tags
ibanez jem , mij , pia , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode