Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)? - Page 43 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

 538Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #631 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 10:54 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: 3rd Stone From the Sun
Posts: 573
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Sucks there won't be any NAMM 2021 threads on forums, but i assume most brands are introducing new models in January right? I'm hoping for a miracle UV as usual...
Leviathus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 11:01 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,908
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Personally I'd love to see a PIA7.
Everything will go live like last year, 1/1, except for what would be show specials, I'm guessing, which I don't know if they're release 1/1 with everything else, but that only makes sense since there is no show to "show" them.
Rich is offline  
post #633 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 11:53 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: 3rd Stone From the Sun
Posts: 573
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

I think i could get down with a PIA7, needs the right paintjob though.
Leviathus is offline  
post #634 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 05:06 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 422
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

I think the paint job is what I didn't like last time (as in last year's announcement), too much bling. To be honest even the 7V is too much bling and I've owned one forever, but my body wasn't ready for how much they turned up the dial with the PIA bling. I'm sure I'd like the actual guitar, but I dunno if I'd like it enough to spend over 3 grand on it. I had actually saved up for buying a PIA before it was even launched, I had my dreams set on a new MIJ Jem. In the end I built a Warmoth and bought an EVH Frankie, with about a grand left over.
jono likes this.
BigBazz is offline  
post #635 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-12-2020, 12:24 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 140
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
I think the paint job is what I didn't like last time (as in last year's announcement), too much bling. To be honest even the 7V is too much bling and I've owned one forever, but my body wasn't ready for how much they turned up the dial with the PIA bling. I'm sure I'd like the actual guitar, but I dunno if I'd like it enough to spend over 3 grand on it. I had actually saved up for buying a PIA before it was even launched, I had my dreams set on a new MIJ Jem. In the end I built a Warmoth and bought an EVH Frankie, with about a grand left over.
I thought you said you owned a PIA in an earlier thread, or was that a 777?
The TPS Report is offline  
post #636 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-12-2020, 06:18 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 422
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The TPS Report View Post
I thought you said you owned a PIA in an earlier thread, or was that a 777?
Yeah I own a 777 30th, never even seen a PIA in the flesh.
BigBazz is offline  
post #637 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 10:03 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Severance, CO
Posts: 1,229
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Personally I'd love to see a PIA7.
Everything will go live like last year, 1/1, except for what would be show specials, I'm guessing, which I don't know if they're release 1/1 with everything else, but that only makes sense since there is no show to "show" them.
Use your clout, power, and influence and it will happen.

Do you have any pics of "show specials" from past NAMM shows? I'm not sure I have ever seen one. (Only if you have a moment.)
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #638 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 11:05 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,908
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Clout?

After I quit doing NAMM reports and decided to actually enjoy some time there, they're just all mixed into the linked folders. you have to go thru and find them.
Rich is offline  
post #639 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 01:08 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Severance, CO
Posts: 1,229
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Clout?

After I quit doing NAMM reports and decided to actually enjoy some time there, they're just all mixed into the linked folders. you have to go thru and find them.
You have clout.

I guess I'm wondering if the "show specials" were unique, creative, and aesthetically impressive guitars? The RG-GOLD's come to mind.
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #640 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 01:15 AM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,908
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Show specials, JSART's, DNA's, HAM100's, basically anything that's not in the catalog is a show special. Dealers won't find out about it until the show, unless you used to have clout and the right people weren't fired or moved on. We all still have contacts but I really don't care what's coming, I really only care about the holes they leave in the line that could sell very well. The FP25th followed by an FP3, ball dropped, the JS25th, which turned into the ART, game saved, etc.

They better come out with some MIJ trem 7 strings, S's almost don't exist, big holes.
Rich is offline  
post #641 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 04:12 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Severance, CO
Posts: 1,229
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

Thank you for the clarification.
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #642 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-23-2020, 03:48 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC area
Posts: 217
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

This came for me a couple weeks ago. Really a great guitar.

hippietim is offline  
post #643 of 643 (permalink) Old 11-23-2020, 04:18 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: 3rd Stone From the Sun
Posts: 573
Re: Thoughts on the PIA (The new JEM)?

^Nice pic + congrats. The pink one is my favorite i think.
Leviathus is offline  
Reply

Tags
ibanez jem , mij , pia , steve vai

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome