The time has come... :( - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Angry The time has come... :(

Well, as many of you know, I'm a Jem fanatic and currenty own 10 Jems.

I have decided to sell 8 of them!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now before I get bombarded with "dude, you should really keep them man", I have good reason and actually want to sell them.

We just had our first child on October 4th, which has been an amazing and life changing experience. It has also made our house alot smaller. Once you get the pack n' play and swing and all the other stuff babies need, we have run out of room in the house. It's time to move. We knew this before little Lauren was born, but we weren't really in a hurry to move, until recent news.

Currently we live 45 minutes away from my parents and my wife's parents, and just recently found out that her mother has renal heart failure, and her father had a heart attack late last year, so she really wants to be closer to her parents. Her mother's condition can be fixed we hope, but haven't heard the results of the MRI so we don't know if she just needs stints or has to have open heart surgery. Point is, we need to be closer to both of our parents, and my studio where we both work is in that area as well.

We kind of moved into the boonies when we bought our first house. So now its time to move back to the burbs .

In order to move quickly, I need to pay off all my debt, which isn't too bad, and come up with some down payment money, and what better way to do that then sell some guitars. My wife is selling off alot of her Tiffany & Co. jewelry, so it's only fair that I chip in as well.

So, now you know why I'm selling them. I am keeping 5 total guitars in my collection of 17. Here's what I'm keeping:

Taylor GC5 acoustic
Fender Custom Shop 1959 Shell Pink Relic Strat w/ matching Shell Pink Relic Blues Jr. Amp (less than 20 made)
Gibson Chet Atkins SST
Ibanez Jem 777DY, currently being swirled by Herc Fede
Ibanez Jem 20th

Here's what I'm selling:

Ibanez Jem 777SK
Ibanez Jem 777DY
Ibanez Jem 777VBK (just bought this one from Rich, like 2 weeks ago, had it set to E flat)
Ibanez Jem 777LNG (dead mint as new condition)
Ibanez Jem 7PBK
Ibanez Jem 7RB (Vai sig with 7PBK neck)
Ibanez Jem 77FP
Ibanez Jem 77PMC (bought from Rich as well, in players condition from another member of this site)
Fender 1960 Custom Shop Relic Daphne Blue Strat
Fender John Mayer Sunburst Strat
Fender 1992 American Strat, Sunburst
Fender Daphne Blue Mexican Strat

It took me forever to decide which Jems to keep, but I figured I would lose money on the sale of the 20th, and I love the guitar, so I think that's the one for me. All the others are relatively easy to replace, excluding the PMC & LNG. I'm keeping the Herc as my players/project guitar, and it should ship this month.

I am putting these on the evil site which will remain nameless, sometime in the coming week. I'm not looking for offers, so kindly refrain from the PM's. I just wanted to share my sadness with folks who would understand.

When it comes right down to it, these guitars are just things. I will be much happier in a new home that's close to my family. And while I'm sad that I'm going to lose my collection, my wife and I have decided that once we are settled in a new home, I can purchase any guitar I want. I will own a DNA by the end of next year, I promise you that .

note to admins: don't want to violate any rules, if this is considered advertising my items, delete it, i understand. i was looking for support more than advertising. trust me, when 8 jems get put on evilbay one after another, it will be talked about anyway .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:04 AM

Re: The time has come... :(

Wow! Congratulations on the new baby! That is wonderful news. I wish you and your family all the best! My hopes and prayers will be with you for your mother and father in law. Good luck to you!
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:51 AM

Reviews: 18

Why don't you try selling them here first?

Jimmy

P.S.: I hope everything goes well with your mother in law's heart condition.
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM

Damn i wish i had some money

There are 2 i would love so much!!!

Good luck with everything mate
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
Damn i wish i had some money

There are 2 i would love so much!!!

Good luck with everything mate
I hear you, Rusty! I'd love to get that LNG. It sucks to be poor and friendless. sniff
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 AM

I'd want the LNG and the FP (depending on the pattern)!!
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post

Jimmy

+1 from me, I know what it's like having kids and your passion for music taking the back seat. That said, PM me with details about the PBK, I'd love to get one.

Bamm
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post

Jimmy

I thought about that, but I really don't know how much they are worth, so I figured I would start them all at a dollar and let the masses decide. I have purchased 3 items through this site and each took about a thousand PM's to get the deals done. With 3bay its a little easier on me.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post
I thought about that, but I really don't know how much they are worth, so I figured I would start them all at a dollar and let the masses decide. I have purchased 3 items through this site and each took about a thousand PM's to get the deals done. With 3bay its a little easier on me.
You're going to start them at a dollar? Will you have a buy it now option?? hehe
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM

Pm me, I would really like a shot at the RB.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative View Post
You're going to start them at a dollar? Will you have a buy it now option?? hehe
No buy it nows, just no reserve auctions that start at $1. I plan to post them Saturday or Sunday. I'll be sure to wipe the tears off before I ship .
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 AM

Sorry to hear about that. I would keep a couple of the most collectable like the LNG and 10th.

Me personally, I would love to be able to bid on the PBK or the LNG if you put it up.

I know how hard it must be for ya and I hope all works out so you don't have to sell 8.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 AM

Man, I wish I had some extra cash! Those are some awesome guitars, but ultimately, the family always comes first! Besides, you'll still have some kick ass guitars left anyway!!!
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:26 AM

Congrats on the new born. Too bad that you have to "thin out" your (awesome) collection. I'll keep an eye out for your auctions. I might be able to take one of your hands.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post
No buy it nows, just no reserve auctions that start at $1. I plan to post them Saturday or Sunday. I'll be sure to wipe the tears off before I ship .
What is your user name on E-bay so we can keep an eye out? Yeah, I say that like I have any money! Man it sucks to be poor!

Tags
atd swirl , custom shop , fender custom shop , herc fede , ibanez jem , john mayer , mexican strat , neck joint , pbk neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode