times must be HARD!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Talking times must be HARD!!!!

On the evil auction site (which isn't REALLY evil) There are actually an LNG, a 2 SK's, a DY, a BFP, GMC, VBK, 2 FP's, and 2 YES 2 UV77MC's. I don't think I have EVER seen such a wide selection all at the same time (I check every day). Is everyone going broke? Why don't I have any cash right now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:34 AM

Reviews: 7
Re: times must be HARD!!!!

Holy crap you're right!!!!
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:41 AM

What? No DNAs?
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Nope, no DNA's right now, maybe tomorrow!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:53 AM

Reviews: 2

Hey if you go on the british evilbay site there is a 777vdy, jem 10th, and a 90th jem. just need the 20th and the dna and its a full house......... well nearly.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 07:00 AM

times are hard. I see deals everyday that I can't take advantage of and it kills me!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccomputersa View Post
On the evil auction site (which isn't REALLY evil) There are actually an LNG, a 2 SK's, a DY, a BFP, GMC, VBK, 2 FP's, and 2 YES 2 UV77MC's.
Well, I think a large proportion of those are in the possession of rjvguitars, whose business model of buying every Jem that came up on the bay in Europe and trying to re-sell them at three times the price appears to have stalled somewhat...

Last edited by Diamond Dave; 06-05-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Red face Re: times must be HARD!!!!

I was wondering where they got all those high end Jems and Universes.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:20 PM

On a swedish auction site I saw a dude selling 2 Universe guitars REALLY darn dung cheap, so I mailed him and asked for some pictures since I'm suspicious of fakes... I'll post them around here later since I'll probably need some help defining if they're the real deal or not.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Vendor

I've seen no more activity than usual. Pricing may be down a hair, but then some still selling above, pretty much normal.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:34 PM

I agree with Rich. Nothing special at the moment.

There has been a few DNA's for sale in the last couple of months, but nothing cheap

The uv77mc's are from RJV guitars in the Netherlands and are a bit cheaper locally...

Still an MKR swirl though...
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:04 PM

Reviews: 7

yea times hard ,but no great deals yet, we got more jem to choose from, prices are about the same.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
Well, I think a large proportion of those are in the possession of rjvguitars, whose business model of buying every Jem that came up on the bay in Europe and trying to re-sell them at three times the price appears to have stalled somewhat...
Bingo! You hit the nail on the head. RJV has had those things listed for 30 days at a time forever.

And I agree with Rich as well, lots of people selling but no one wants to lower the price. Times aren't that hard after all. There is a DNA in the classifieds but he told me in an email he was looking for trades or $8500 for it. I don't recall ever seeing one sell for that much and can only see one on the level of Wolfie's (which it ain't) selling for that much.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
To be fair to the guy at RJV, his prices aren't that crazy. Maybe 200 quid or so over what the average price is in the USA. Over here in Europe there aren't as many of these (increasingly rare) guitars floating around as in the USA. Getting it within Europe means no huge shipping fees and no import duty to be paid!!

On another topic, has anyone seen the Universe for sale from Singapore on 'that' auction site? It's like a UV7BK with an MC neck. I quite like it! It's like one that Vai has and used when he was in whitesnake. Seller has zero feedback rating though........dangerous!
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickster View Post
To be fair to the guy at RJV, his prices aren't that crazy.
If you want to pay £1450 for my old beat to **** BFP be my guest. I bought it for £700, sold it for £800, and RJV paid £910, within the last 12 months or so. I think it was originally listed at £1750. Make up your own mind

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode