Today's price of JS3/5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Today's price of JS3/5

I'm wondering what price a (used) JS3, JS4 and JS5 would be sold those days if mint/excellent . As to the JS3, there were variations as to the painting made by Donnie Hunt from one JS3 to another JS3. I mean, the paint he sems to have done on one JS3 is not the same that the paint he did on an other one. I don't know if this has influence on the price but if it does how is the price fixed ? Keep cool guys : I haven't find any of these JS but just want to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 11:33 AM

That would be quite expensive. First, you'll need to hire a hitman to kill Rich (otherwise you won't stand a chance).
Then the axe would run over 4000 dollars, I guess.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 11:41 AM

I'd guess more than 4K....after all Rich has DNA's close to that, and he's willing to 'trade any of the above for Satriani's with graphics'
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile
I'd guess more than 4K....after all Rich has DNA's close to that, and he's willing to 'trade any of the above for Satriani's with graphics'
Yea, but he's an a$$hole!

There is no set pricing. If you check JS3 in the bluebook it's a stupid $1500 or something like that [I love the Blue Book!!] but I've sure never bought one that cheap. Like anything desirable, rare, and rarely sold, it's a sellers market. If the seller only thinks it's worth $1500 then that's what he'll sell it for. If he thinks it's worth $15,000, then that's his target. Having said that, some have sold fairly cheap, and some in the stratosphere. Either way, the probability you could find one for sale is pretty slim, but, not impossible. Iain got his right out from under my nose
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 11:57 PM

I remember there was a Rainforest at east coast music or some music store a few years ago for 15000.They told me it was very special because it had the graphics on the pickups.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 08:51 AM

It was $10,000 and it was a reject.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Vendor

...ed proto, painted by Pedro Cruz. And it was Toys From The Attic. Fred owns that guitar now
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Iain got his right out from under my nose

Ouch.... What happened? Drunk? Sick? Sneezed?
hmmm, that's it.. if you ever find a JS graphic or JS-2, first step is to get Rich ultra drunk (or stoned) and he'll be out of the game..

By the way, there's a bottle of jack daniels at your doorstep. Don't ask, just drink.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroenn

Ouch.... What happened? Drunk? Sick? Sneezed?
Apathy. I'd just dropped large on the Rainbow proto in a deal that took 3 months. The guy was supposed to write me back, bu the time I realized it and dropped him a line a few days later Iain had just picked it up!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 07:16 AM

back when i first started getting into sach i saw a pic of him with a js 3 and i was like... "yeah i'm gunna go pick me up one of them second hand..."
then i started hanging out here and heard about this guy rich harris that has some sort of sixth sence that tells him where every one of these guitars are at any precise point in time which leaves the rest of us dreaming!

but seriously rich, wats the least expensive js3 you've bought? and what were they priced at when they were available new? I'm guessing they would be pretty expensive seeing as they were hand painted and all
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Vendor

Evidently in the early 90's discounts were pretty slim, possibly one of the reasons not many were made to begin with, then again they were supposed to be limited, and limited they were. Some that sat around a long time were purchased with some significant discount, and the ones blown out by the distributor either went cheap, or high, depending on the dealer that sold them.

The only graphic I ever talk about [because it's already public knowledge] is my Forest, which I found here in the classifieds the very first night I tried out this whacky internet thang, languishing for over a month with no interest, for $1100. WHAT were you people thinking?!?!?! Those were the days.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 01:52 PM

$1100 for a rainforest... damn that's a good price

at least one... no info on the electric rainbows and donnies?
well, ok :P

what are near mint 90ths going for btw?

i got mine with about 5% chrome wear on the FRED (~7-9% now), 1-3% on the PAF Pro (3-5% now) and no dinks anywhere except for one (allen wrench when changing strings... ) and a bit of the typical belt wear on the back for Ä1100 incl. fender gigbag and 5m monstercable... good price, imo... for a country where new js1000's cost +1500Ä :P
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 07:22 PM

I love my JS6000.

I have never seen one on ebay, jemsite or harmony central though for sale. There are a few other sites to buy and sell that I'm probably overlooking. In any case, wasn't the JS6 and 6000 lines only sold for 1-2 years in the early '90s?
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 09:34 PM

js6's and 6000s go on ebay from time to time... just like 90ths...

but the prices are quite high (saw a 90th selling for ~Ä1600Ä and a js-6 for 1428 pounds (dunno how to make this L-symbol :P) if i recall correctly)
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 02:34 PM

saTa is right... I got my JS6000 last year on eBay for $800 w/case, shipping and a Dunlop CryBaby Wah included. So, figure about $720 or so for the guitar itself.

It was a player for many years... good shape but some worming on the back and wear/corrosion on the knobs and bridge. But I LOVE it! Gorgeous natural mahogany finish. Like a fine piece of furniture that should be in a nice living room, lol.

Tags
allen wrench , beautiful guitar , dunlop crybaby , guitar shop , music store , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode