Tough decision to make today. Uni UV777 or Jackson Soloist SL-1 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phatsaq

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Tough decision to make today. Uni UV777 or Jackson Soloist SL-1

Been craving a Universe since I was a teen and have a mint 2007 model I can buy for $1400. But then I see a beautiful red Jackson SL-1 pop up for $1200. Now, I’m not the greatest player in the world and have never owned a 7 string. Talk about first world problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:55 AM

Re: Tough decision to make today. Uni UV777 or Jackson Soloist SL-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatsaq View Post
Been craving a Universe since I was a teen and have a mint 2007 model I can buy for $1400. But then I see a beautiful red Jackson SL-1 pop up for $1200. Now, I’m not the greatest player in the world and have never owned a 7 string. Talk about first world problems.
I solved the problem by buying an immaculate RG7620, it's a Universe without any of the flashy stuff, kind of like how the RG550 is to the JEM. You can get them for a fraction of the price and they play very well indeed. The Jackson 7-string neck always felt a bit 'clubby' to me although I love the 6-strings.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatsaq View Post
Go with the UV. If you like it, you’ll have a really great 7 string. If you don’t like it, you’ll know 7 strings are not your cup of tea.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Looks like the Uni won. Just too beautiful and is MINT.
Leviathus likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 03:09 PM

UV's are the bee's knees, hope you enjoy it!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. I tried to post pics but said it exceeded something.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode