Trem question! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Trem question!

this might sound like a stupid question... i'm a tremolo newb
does a guitar with lo-pro edge trem and locking nuts normally stays in tune overnight?
or i have to tune the guitar everytime before i play it? (like every other guitars with a fixed bridge)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 01:07 AM

Re: Trem question!

most of the time mine stays in tune, if the temp doesn't change by more than a few degrees. the strings must be fully stretched or else it most likley will go out of tune. one of my favorite things about the lo pro edge is that it does stay in tune better than most fixed bridges i play. (usualy a grip that the hardtail guys have about trems)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

so if the strings are fully stretched and the setup is good, it will most likely stay in tune? i know it's a pain to tune a trem guitar...
it is so much easier to tune and intonate a fixed bridge guitar... and my pgm stays in tune pretty well... thats why i usually avoid trem guitars...
i want to know more about trem. hopefully i can enjoy trem guitars like everyone else because i really want to get my jem7vwh to work well
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 05:55 AM

setup propperly a lo-pro can stay in tune for a week.. no problem.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 06:05 AM

i only have to tune my high e at times and thats usually after a few weeks, just before it snaps usually. So once you have it tuned your pretty set
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

im having trouble on how to set it up properly
once i finished tuning the low strings, the high strings get out of tune... and vice versa...
what's the problem?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 06:14 AM

keep going eventully all of the strings will come into place , its a big pain in the A## at first especially if you have restrung the whole lot at once,
Patience is the key (or is it E flat?)

Tags
edge trem , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , high strings , locking nut , locking nuts , low strings , pro edge , pro edge trem , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode