Tremolo setup - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Tremolo setup

My tremolo arm has some play (seems to be loose in the socket a bit). Can anyone recommend on how I can tighten this? It also squeeks...

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 PM

Re: Tremolo setup

Check the tech section of Rich's site... Ibanez Rules.... I think I saw a section for fixing a squeeky bar before
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:42 AM

It usually needs the nut tightened. To do it right you have to take the trem out. I believe it's mentioned in the tech section on Ibanezrules.com somewhere. Whatever you problems is you should be able to find what you need there. Rich knows all there is about Ibanez.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:15 AM

Also, our very own Magnus Olssen has a good photo guide here.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:05 AM

There's a million threads about this do a search and you will be enlightened
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt7565 View Post
My tremolo arm has some play (seems to be loose in the socket a bit). Can anyone recommend on how I can tighten this? It also squeeks...

Thanks.
I had the exact same problem with my new 7VWH.

Insert thank you song:

All you need is "Rich".. Rapapapaparara.. All you need is Rich... Rapapapaparara...

Check out the link below:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/loose_holder.htm

And just be brave enough to pull that trem out! It's not that difficult to do! Just be sure to follow the EXACT instructions, or else you have to do it again.

Tags
tremolo arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode