Two Questions?? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Two Questions??

Question #1:
I have a Jem 7VWH and I just put new strings on and intonated but string #1 & #2, E & B, are still flat and the saddles are all the way forward. I am intonating at the 24th fret. Is there anything I can do to get those strings intonated?

Question #2:
I want to buy another Ibanez guitar as a backup in case something happens to my Jem but don't want to spend as much as a Jem. Is there another less expensive guitar(s) that uses the exact neck as my Jem guitar? I love the neck on my Jem.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Two Questions??

You could pick up an old RG550 or 570 as a great backup. Those Wizard necks are awesome!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Two Questions??

Intonation shouldn't be a problem, but it's not the first time I've heard of issues.

I use Rich's guide which can be found HERE and follow it step by step.

With regards to the second question, technically the answer is "no" only a JEM comes with a JEM neck profile. However the slightly slimmer Wizard neck found on the RG550 and 570 is similar, but a little slimmer. Necks on more modern guitars with the Wizard 2 profile tend to be even more similar, but the guitars themselves tend to be lower range models.

The best thing to do is to check out the Ibanez webiste and look up the neck specs on your JEM and then those on the RG models that you like the look of.

Tags
intonation , jem , neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode