Ugh. - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Ugh.

how is it confusing, may I ask?......

"hey, you know what..... my black original UV7 really bores me and I might make some changes"...... how is that confusing?

The dude wanted to make it look the way he wanted. Why come in here to diss it? That's just stupid. It's the equivalent of the stuck up chick with her friends at school teasing someone for looking a bit different than normal. So what? His gear, his decision.

I agree on the level that it's something I'd never do..... I'd just buy a new one and do that to it instead but like I said before.... there's no need to go "Ugh look what this guy did everyone!!!!"....."agree with me dammit!"

You made this thread to garner support so you could all point fingers and laugh at said subject. That is what constitutes an internet bully..... I'm just calling you out on it.

now if the guy made a video of himself smashing the UV with a sledgehammer then I'd totally jump on that bandwagon.

We have a right to modify what we own without having to put up with people critisising us for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
how is it confusing, may I ask?......

"hey, you know what..... my black original UV7 really bores me and I might make some changes"...... how is that confusing?

The dude wanted to make it look the way he wanted. Why come in here to diss it? That's just stupid. It's the equivalent of the stuck up chick with her friends at school teasing someone for looking a bit different than normal. So what? His gear, his decision.

I agree on the level that it's something I'd never do..... I'd just buy a new one and do that to it instead but like I said before.... there's no need to go "Ugh look what this guy did everyone!!!!"....."agree with me dammit!"

You made this thread to garner support so you could all point fingers and laugh at said subject. That is what constitutes an internet bully..... I'm just calling you out on it.

now if the guy made a video of himself smashing the UV with a sledgehammer then I'd totally jump on that bandwagon.

We have a right to modify what we own without having to put up with people critisising us for it.
It's confusing to me. It's MY opinion, not yours. You arguing with me about the UV7 is no different than me not liking the UV7.

That's a terrible analogy. As far as I'm concerned, you're the stuck up one here. You're putting words into my mouth, and you have been since your original post. Accusing me of things I never even said.

To quote, here is my original post:

Here's what you've turned it into:

Quote:
Dude, don't be so pretentious that you think you can have a go at someone because he wanted to change the look and customise his own guitar. It's his guitar and because he paid money for it, he can do whatever the f**k he wants with it and if you're gonna take the road of turning your nose up and thinking you're better than he is because it's something that you believe you should never do to a Universe guitar then maybe you should remove your head from your a$$ and take a good sniff of reality instead of constantly smelling your own bull$hit.
Quote:
"I'm a pro, look at me"
Quote:
"Ugh look what this guy did everyone!!!!"....."agree with me dammit!"
See the problem?

I don't really see your point. You're willing to bash a guy who smashes a guitar, but if someone posts his dislike for someone's customization, you're all against it. It's the guy's guitar, he can smash it or customize it if he wants to, right?

Last edited by Kwirk; 06-25-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Where the hell did my post go?!
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Reviews: 2

Hmmm, why indeed? In fact, that could be said for any customization of a guitar, couldn't it? For instance I took a natural RG 350 (originally blue metalflake) I picked up in a pawn shop, stripped and got heavy handed with a grinder and sander to make the RG body lighter and much more comfortable then restained it to a much prettier IMHO natural shade with a cherry/mahogony stained sides and back, dropped in a couple of Evos instead of the Ibi p/us that were in it, put a white pearloid pickguard & covers and gold hardware on it, and ended up with a very nice looking and playing guitar - at least I think so - that's a huge improvement over the RG it started out as. Why'd I do that? Well, cause it was there, and it was fun to an extent, and it was a challenge to undertake to see what could be made out of an otherwise pretty ordinary guitar. And I like it better now. Maybe the guy who modded that UV7 doesn't like black and green but likes the guitar. I'm sure there are some RG 350 purists out there who'd wonder why anyone would do that to a perfectly good RG 350, but as they say, different strokes...
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:08 PM

It's been said by more than one person before that the only thing making a UV7 even remotely special is the fact that it says Universe on the headstock. My guess is that if this was any other RG 7-string, nobody would even bat an eye.
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:14 PM

Modding your own guitar is something a normal man or woman would want to or not want to do, depending on what they want.

A man, or Woman, who smashes something on video simply to incite some kind of reaction is purely a retard..... and although they paid for it with their own money, deserve a verbal bashing.

What exactly was your reason to post your thread of "Ugh"?..... the title and the following comment of "Who would do this?" insinuates that you weren't simply looking to discuss anything but how stupid this guy was as well as have people agree with you so you can feel good about yourself. To say otherwise, I call BS. I've seen your kind before too, many times, always looking for others to agree and chastise someone for their own decisions.

From the title I read I thought "oh what?" .... then looked inside and saw "who would do this?" then thought "oh no, what idiot's destroying a perfectly good UV/Jem?"..... then click on pics and say "WTF?" "Who give's a $hit....really?"

pretentious [prɪˈtɛnʃəs]
adj
1. making claim to distinction or importance, esp undeservedly
2. having or creating a deceptive outer appearance of great worth; ostentatious
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Modding your own guitar is something a normal man or woman would want to or not want to do, depending on what they want.

A man, or Woman, who smashes something on video simply to incite some kind of reaction is purely a retard..... and although they paid for it with their own money, deserve a verbal bashing.
That's all I needed to know. Thanks. There's no logic in your argument. Maybe they were in the heat of the moment and wanted to smash something. Maybe they were furious and needed to get it out. It's their guitar after all, right? How can you say it's not okay to smash a guitar, but it's okay to customize it because it's their own?

Again, you're just putting words in my mouth. I never said "HAY LEZ TALK ABUT H0W STOOPID DIS GUI IS LOL! SOMEONE AGREEE WIT MEH NOW!" Please, prove me wrong. Maybe I forgot about it.

Here's an idea:

You don't like the thread? Don't post in it. It's that easy. Have a great day.
post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:27 PM

You're only pi$$y cos your thread went tit$ up..... notice how no-one else agrees with you either?...... not that they used the amount of vitriol that I did, I tend to do that when people get high and mighty about someone's personal decision.
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You're only pi$$y cos your thread went tit$ up..... notice how no-one else agrees with you either?...... not that they used the amount of vitriol that I did, I tend to do that when people get high and mighty about someone's personal decision.
The mood was somewhat different on this one...

post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Pissy? Over the internet? What a joke. You've done nothing but assume. It's making you look out to be nothing more than an complete ass. Congrats.

No one agrees with me about what? I don't believe I posted anything that required anyone to agree with me on anything.
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM

Look, whatever pumps his nads.
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 PM

Since when does anyone "require" an agreement in a thread? Are you 12?

You were fishing for it, it's plain as day. Now you're just backpedalling.... and fast.
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Since when does anyone "require" an agreement in a thread? Are you 12?

You were fishing for it, it's plain as day. Now you're just backpedalling.... and fast.
Poor choice of words on my part. I fail to see how that relates to my age, but yes, I am twelve years old. I hope that makes you feel better about yourself. /sarcasm

Blah blah blah. Say what you want, you haven't addressed any of the points that I've brought up.

Yeah, I was curious as to what anyone else would think about it and I posted my own opinion about it. You came in here fired up for absolutely no reason. Get off your God damn high horse. You don't like the thread, don't f-cking post in it.
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 PM

Just look at the title of this thread and tell me that it doesn't incite the feeling that something disgusts you that you wanted people to look at and comment on. If you were to say that that was not the case at all then I'm freaking santa claus.
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwirk View Post
On one end of the spectrum, a guy like me is seriously confused as to why someone would take an original UV7 and turn it into nothing more than an RG7421 with a EMG707 in it. You want an RG7421, go buy an RG7421.
100% agreed.
Why buying a more expensive model to turn it into a cheapier model?
That's nonsense,maybe dumbness.

If you want to change it,change it to something there isn't on the market.
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just look at the title of this thread and tell me that it doesn't incite the feeling that something disgusts you that you wanted people to look at and comment on. If you were to say that that was not the case at all then I'm freaking santa claus.
Sigh. That's the point of this whole thread. I posted MY opinion, which is clearly disgust for the customization of the guitar and I did want comments on it. What's your God damn point?

Apparently I can't have an opinion anymore.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode