Ugh. - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:35 PM

Re: Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb View Post

Thanks for the show though. Could someone pass the popcorn?
Butter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 02:52 AM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwirk View Post
Yep. I'm clearly the stuck up arsehole. On one end of the spectrum, a guy like me is seriously confused as to why someone would take an original UV7 and turn it into nothing more than an RG7421 with a EMG707 in it. You want an RG7421, go buy an RG7421.

On the other end, there's people like yourself who throw out unnecessary personal attacks because I posted a thread about my dislike for a UV7 customization. I mean really, I always thought of Jemsite as a place to discuss these types of things freely, without the need for excessive vulgar language and personal attacks such as that in your post. Thanks for showing me what kind of people are on here.
I'm with man, i'm not going to say anything, but that dud he's just pain in*****.
back to u'r thread i wouldn't go that far with a UV, but all i can say he got some b****.-)

Last edited by SHAIBANEZ; 06-26-2010 at 03:06 AM.
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 03:00 AM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
To the OP:

Dude, don't be so pretentious that you think you can have a go at someone because he wanted to change the look and customise his own guitar. It's his guitar and because he paid money for it, he can do whatever the f**k he wants with it and if you're gonna take the road of turning your nose up and thinking you're better than he is because it's something that you believe you should never do to a Universe guitar then maybe you should remove your head from your a$$ and take a good sniff of reality instead of constantly smelling your own bull$hit.

I mean seriously, you can think that..... i probably would too but to come in here and try and look all "I'm a pro, look at me" by posting a thread titled "Ugh" followed by "who would do this?" is only something a stuck up A-hole would do.

*rant over*
thats A BAD BAD comment, thats not cool man.
i don't know how old are you, but GROW UP.
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

I think we all don't wanna be part of a forum where a member can't say when he thinks a guitar is "UGH" or beautiful.
We are here to have fun,some members shouldn't take guitars so seriously cause they're only a bunch of dead pieces of wood SO why we can't have fun about them?
SO if I think a guitar is ugly I should say =Oh man it was a beautiful guitar now it's not anymore.
Good lord this is not being polite,it's being dumb.

I already created a lot of threads saying this or that guitar is UGH or AWESOME,I don't see any problem about it.
post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAIBANEZ View Post
thats A BAD BAD comment, thats not cool man.
i don't know how old are you, but GROW UP.
I totally agree.
Kwirk I agree with you,I don't see why they did that too the guitar.It seems better sense to go the other route.

Macka,you're assessment of the thread is stupid,get a life,and E-raging is pointless.Your insulting and "down-talking/typing " is uncalled for.GROW UP

Like everyone else that's said this,this is a place of guitars/guitar enjoyment,etc.You clearly need to find something better to do than TRY to give someone a hard time on here.EVERYONE is entitled to their opinions,and as was said before...If you don't like the thread,don't post.kthxbai

And if this post offends anyone,oh well its as subtle as I can make it.
EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinions
Sean
post #51 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
The mood was somewhat different on this one...

-"Hey honey you know that guitar you've got that has paint spilt all over it? Look what I've had done to it as a surprise!!!....... Happy Birthday darling!!!!!"

-" Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!"
post #52 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 05:52 AM

It's a diseased UV.

Since I would be happy to buy it in good shape, I think it was a bad move to kill it (or move it into another phase of its life). Yes, the owner has his rights. I think it's the same with the PMC and MC. If you wouldn't rather see them being taken care of in original state, then you might not be as big fan of these guitars as many on this forum. And of course, that is OK.
post #53 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 06:13 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwirk View Post
How about you take your own advice and move onto something else to look at?

Here, I found something for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
Now that's a comeback.

On a more serious note, I agree with:
- Kwirk's right to an opinion.
- Macca's right to an opinion.

I disagree with:
- Macca's method of voicing said opinion.
post #54 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Banned

both being very childish,especially that macca.have you any idea how much of a a s s your making yourself look.you sound like a posionous individual with issues
post #55 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 AM

Reviews: 11

I just hate purists who think they're above everybody else and can hack on people's decisions because they're the better person. That's raises my ire, whether or not the OP actually meant that or not, it comes off that way, you've gotta admit. The guitar, after the mod, looked great, not that I would've done that as I like the Black & Green UV's but otherwise, it looked pretty sweet.

to say Ugh... who would do this, just comes off as rude...... sorry, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I still believe that a person has the right to modify, people can comment and say "Dude I wouldn't have done that" or whatever, like the people straight after the first post did, but to say "who would do this?" comes off as contrived and looking down upon someone which made their own choice.

It's the choice of words used, not the actual comments of not liking what he's done to it. You can say you don't like it, just don't rub it in for the sake of backpats from the rest of us.
post #56 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 07:36 AM

Macka, nobody is disputing that people have the right to modify.
It is the way you went completely overboard in your first comment - using aggressive language and personal attacks on the OP - that has stirred things up.
post #57 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
It is the way you went completely overboard in your first comment - using aggressive language and personal attacks on the OP - that has stirred things up.
yeah thats what i was on about personal attacks,just chill out a bit.

Last edited by rob777vdy; 06-27-2010 at 07:24 AM.
post #58 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
This. Macka, you seem like a great guy, but try toning the replies down a bit. Obviously, the OP is a guy with pretty strong feelings, so there's no need to go stirring the pot.
post #59 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Banned

this macka dude is having a go at the guy who started this thread,then he has the nerve to say out of this swirled has a lot to learn.to say out of this swirled work isnt his cup of tea well thats fair comment,but to say he has a lot to learn is total bollox and down right rude,especially seeing how macka wouldnt know where to start on a swirl.you get these people of these forums with bad attitude but they dont last long
post #60 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
It's the choice of words used, not the actual comments of not liking what he's done to it.
One advice for you. Check the location stated next to most users. You will see that many do not live in a country where English is used on a daily basis. We often have a less good vocabulary, and our understanding of English can be limited compared to someone who uses it every day. If you honestly mean that the choice of words are more important than the intended opinion that might have been voiced in a slightly awkward manner - then I suggest you select your threads to read with utmost care. I know my English is not the worst, nor the best, but I do manage to understand strange posts in the best way possible. If you're looking for anger, you will find anger. If you read the original post in this thread again with sadness in mind, I doubt you would find the same content as you managed to find earlier. If you want to, I can translate this to norwegian, as that is a lot easier - maybe for both of us?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode