Ugh. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 AM

Re: Ugh.

I must be missing your point. Who'd do what exactly?
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Well apparently that UV7 is now that natural finish guitar. New inlays and all.
post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:47 AM

Is it the same guitar, or is it one of the '97 UV7BKs that had silver inlays?
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:25 AM

Reviews: 11

To the OP:

Dude, don't be so pretentious that you think you can have a go at someone because he wanted to change the look and customise his own guitar. It's his guitar and because he paid money for it, he can do whatever the f**k he wants with it and if you're gonna take the road of turning your nose up and thinking you're better than he is because it's something that you believe you should never do to a Universe guitar then maybe you should remove your head from your a$$ and take a good sniff of reality instead of constantly smelling your own bull$hit.

I mean seriously, you can think that..... i probably would too but to come in here and try and look all "I'm a pro, look at me" by posting a thread titled "Ugh" followed by "who would do this?" is only something a stuck up A-hole would do.

*rant over*
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 AM

Geez, I was expecting a dude to be smashing one or something, then I could understand a thread like this, but really, this thread is pointless and needs to be put down.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Banned

i wouldnt go as far to give you a hard time.but it is someone else's guitar,like the dude who torched his 777dy,there was hell on about it.but its his guitar
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob777vdy View Post
i wouldnt go as far to give you a hard time.but it is someone else's guitar,like the dude who torched his 777dy,there was hell on about it.but its his guitar
yes, he did torch it, but only to change it's look by giving it a burnt look then a nice clearcoat and the thing didn't look half bad in the end. It's not like he destroyed it for laughs. People just need to let other people do what they want to their own gear, paid for with their own hard earned money, and shut the hell up.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

are you guys talking about what somebody did to HIS OWN guitar?!
LOL what a lack of better things to do lol
Anyway for better or worse I like when people try to customize their guitars,in my country a rg costs about 2500 dollars(!!!) SO I'd never customize it cause it'd lost its value.
If somebody doesn't care about its value and changes it to his own tastes,kuddos to him no matter how people think it looks cool or............... Ugh lol
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Well said 6. Couldn't agree more, mods..... kill this thread.
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 PM

I'm thinking about painting my DNA Red, cause I've always wanted a red Jem

I think why folks are so upset at this dude is the change wasn't really that bad. Not like he sanded a work of art swirl or some amazing rare color. He just went from boring black to boring wood color. I hate them both.
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:15 PM

yeah, paint the DNA red dude. They totally used the wrong colors for that swirl.... oh and change the neck while you're at it, that thing's all kinds of wrong.... not to mention the color choice for the pups. (sorta)
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
To the OP:

Dude, don't be so pretentious that you think you can have a go at someone because he wanted to change the look and customise his own guitar. It's his guitar and because he paid money for it, he can do whatever the f**k he wants with it and if you're gonna take the road of turning your nose up and thinking you're better than he is because it's something that you believe you should never do to a Universe guitar then maybe you should remove your head from your a$$ and take a good sniff of reality instead of constantly smelling your own bull$hit.

I mean seriously, you can think that..... i probably would too but to come in here and try and look all "I'm a pro, look at me" by posting a thread titled "Ugh" followed by "who would do this?" is only something a stuck up A-hole would do.

*rant over*
Yep. I'm clearly the stuck up arsehole. On one end of the spectrum, a guy like me is seriously confused as to why someone would take an original UV7 and turn it into nothing more than an RG7421 with a EMG707 in it. You want an RG7421, go buy an RG7421.

On the other end, there's people like yourself who throw out unnecessary personal attacks because I posted a thread about my dislike for a UV7 customization. I mean really, I always thought of Jemsite as a place to discuss these types of things freely, without the need for excessive vulgar language and personal attacks such as that in your post. Thanks for showing me what kind of people are on here.
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwirk View Post
Yep. I'm clearly a stuck up *******. Look at yourself. On one end of the spectrum, a guy like me is seriously confused as to why someone would take an original UV7 and turn it into nothing more than an RG7421 with an EMG707 in it. You want an RG7421, go buy an RG7421.

On the other end, there's people like yourself who throw out unnecessary personal attacks because I posted a thread about my dislike for a UV7 customization. I mean really, I always thought of Jemsite as a place to discuss these types of things freely, without the need for excessive vulgar language such as that in your post. Thanks for showing me what kind of people are on here.

Clearly this thread was a mistake. Feel free to lock it up.
Don't let it get to you man. I agree with you, sometimes people get insanely enraged for no reason on this board. All you said was "ugh, why would someone do that?" on a board designed to talk about Jems & all things Jem. Some people are internet bullies and forget to leave that **** on other boards. Don't let it discourage you.
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Hey, you quoted me before I edited it. ;(

Anyway, I'm not discouraged. The guy can get as mad as he wants. I'm quite familiar with the type.

The point is, the guy is now trying to sell it as it is because he needs the cash. I'm willing to bet some Jem/UV collectors would have paid him a lot more for the original.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode