The ultimate torture - I had to ship DNA #119!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

The ultimate torture - I had to ship DNA #119!!!

I could just die

I work in shipping in Europe's largest music shop/service in the shipping department. We've had the DNA #119 for a good while upstairs in the guitar department in a glass case looking georgious. Every now and again I would come up to visit her and dream. She has a beautiful swirl with a starfield background. This is the most beautiful DNA I have yet seen. *

Well, today my bud Ali, a sales rep in the guitar department brought her in her sleeping bag and case and put her on my desk for shipping. I just couldn't believe it! He brought it directly to me for two reasons. First because he knew that I would want to know and second because he knew I would take extra special care of it. Well, I packed her good and tight in all kinds of bubble wrap and packing material and sent her on her way. It was my last job of the day and boy am I glad. It just about broke my heart.

I enclosed a note in the case to the new owner about how lucky he is and to take extra special care of her because she's only one of 300 and very special. I also put my name on it and told him to visit here. I hope it comes ok and that he looks me up here. That would be so cool.

Gonna go cry now...

LJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 12:29 PM

The ultimate torture

Come on guys I think it's time for a Group Hug sob sob!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 02:23 PM

The ultimate torture

Quote:
Quote: from Patrick Deno on 11:40 am on April 30, 2001
I enclosed a note in the case to the new owner about how lucky he is and to take extra special care of her because she's only one of 300 and very special
Now that is cool!

Steve
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2001, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

The ultimate torture

I tell you what, the criminal in me got the shakes and was ready to*grab it and run. :innocent: But seeing as how I work there and they know where I live and all ... *sighs*

LJ

(Edited by Patrick Deno at 8:21 am on May 1, 2001)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2001, 05:56 PM

The ultimate torture

Must be though to see it go. Let's just hope that it wasn't a rich 70 year old grandmother that bought it for her 13 year old grandson that is completely uninterested.

Näää, no way :silly:
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 09:54 AM

The ultimate torture

Please send him a letter tellng him about the registry.
I wold love to have that one in there if it is not in there already. I had the same feeling when I had to leave mine in Japan to have the guy's at the custom shop finish it . It's a tough thing to let one of these go when you have already had her in your hands .
Darren
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

The ultimate torture

Hi Darren,

Actually I am already on your registry as having spotted it. On monday just before I came here I sent an email to whoever keeps your registry to have it changed to the guy who owns it now. Man, that was hard too. Being on the registry was the closest I was going to get to being associated with this piece of luthier heaven. *sighs*

I could use that group hug now

LJ
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 06:10 PM

The ultimate torture

congrats to the lucky owner!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 06:21 PM

The ultimate torture

congrats to the lucky owner!
i must say its been almost *1 1/2 years since i placed my order and my dna 225 is *also very very cool *but ive had neck probs *and ive sent it back twice!!!!!
i pay shipping as well! *all i can say is it seems theyve orderd a new neck and they say ive got to wait 2 months before it gets in! *a real bummer man ive got some projects im workin on and i was hoping to use dna for them! but.... ive not been here for awhile because its so depressing , well chesbro has said they dont even *know if the new neck will be better? i just dont understand why VAI would let this happen to me man all i know is it doesnt make me happy. yould understand if it was you believe me! again i will add that darrens part of the job is so cool *the coolest swirl ive seen ive not sent piks because of the probs ,im hoping they will be resolved i need 225 back !
im wondering *though that if they replace the neck i will no longer have a numbered dna ? its confusing *im sure *whoever is doing it will make sure that its *good i hope!
im not a collector im a serious player composer and thats that!well i hope you wish me luck ill keep ya posted if yould like to send me an email in regards to this feel free(suggestions comments etc.)
[email protected]
thank you. L8RZ
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 06:27 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
The ultimate torture

Quote:
Quote: from ariomia on 6:21 pm on May 2, 2001
... i must say its been almost *1 1/2 years since i placed my order and my dna 225 is *also very very cool *but ive had neck probs *and ive sent it back twice!!!!! SNIP
Please stay on topic. Thanks ...glen
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 06:35 PM

The ultimate torture

P.S
*i just want to make sure that my comments are not misconstrude, and i want to give my thanks to Dale,/chesbro for being so understanding of my *prob.s
dale is a very compastionate *man who wants me to be happy and he has told me *he's gonna do all in his power!
THANKYOU CHESBRO/DALE!
bye all you freaks
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 06:37 PM

The ultimate torture

sorry glen *i will not place in the wrong topic *just wanted to update all of you on my dna *and chesbro ongoings * *sorry again bye
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 09:53 AM

The ultimate torture

Hi Patrick!
I'm the new owner of #119. I'm not a 13 year old boy,
i'm 39 and i played a BFP since 10 years. After our last gig a guy told me about the jemsite. At the jemsite i saw the 2kDNA the first time. For several days i could not get her out of my head and i knew i have to own one. I searched and spotted it by Thomann. As i got it
i was incredible excited because she is unbelievable pretty with a very nice cosmic swirl. I'm very proud and till my death she won't change the owner. Thanks for your nice words. The only problem was the setup.
The tuning was half a tone flat. So i had to do a new
setup with the angle of the LOW pro edge and had to improve the intonation of the strings. Now she works very well and i love playing her. Unbelievable !

Greetings Wolfgang *(sorry, my english is very bad!)
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 10:09 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
The ultimate torture

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the guitar. Enjoy... glen
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 10:39 AM
Vendor

The ultimate torture

Ditto. Now gets some pics up so we can see her!!! :biggrin:

Tags
custom shop , guitar shop , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode