Ultralite Carbon Trem Arm JS2400 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rich
  • 1 Post By tundrastruck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Ultralite Carbon Trem Arm JS2400

HI all,

I just received a new Carbon trem arm from Rich and learned the bushings are bigger now on the new trem arms.

It is for my JS2400, but is tight fitting almost can't get the arm in. It ried the arm from my JS2450 and it fits fine. Also the new trem arm is
tight on my 2450.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the bushings worn down or smaller on the new trem arm to make it fits easier?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 04:46 AM
Vendor

Re: Ultralite Carbon Trem Arm JS2400

The only luck I've had is inserting it 100 times a little at a time shaving off little flakes of bush each time. You'll see them start to pile up.
pteropid likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Contributor

I've found that because of the weight (much less) they actually stay kind of tight over time, which is great, I don't like loose arms, so I'd always put saran wrap around the old arms which after 3 or 4 times in and out would spin. I agree with Rich, take it in and out as many times as you can, it will wear down.

Last edited by OCDemon; 03-17-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: typo
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, that seemed to do the trick. It fits better, but need to do the old in out a few more times.

JD
pteropid likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Contributor

Thanks for this thread tundrastruck, I thought i was the only one having issues with new bushings in my old MIJ's.

Tags
carbon , edge , trem , tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode