Universe prices in the US - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 9
Universe prices in the US

Hey,

Te UV quest goes on. I have a rough idea of what guitars are worth and where they're worth them, if that makes sense, but just to be sure...

BKs, PWHs and MCs (ATD or MKR), what sort of price ranges would I be looking at for a player/decent condition guitar in the USA? i.e. not a collector quality one, lol.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 AM

Re: Universe prices in the US

I picked up a BK for $900 and a PWH for $1200 in the past year. Both were original and came with the correct case. Both were also well played, the BK a lot more so than the PWH. I don't think I got a *steal* on either of these, but I also don't think that those prices are "average."

I think there was a UV7PWH on this forum for $1600 earlier this year and it didn't move for a long time, so that might be a little on the high side for one. It's strange, because the PWH is pretty scarce, they should command a decent price but there doesn't seem to be the demand.

MCs fluctuate a lot. I picked up a player MKR for $1500. ATDs seem to go for around the $5k mark if they're average, and up depending on the quality of the swirl. MKRs (lol, it *still* cracks me up) hover around $3500. Just this year I've seen some nice MKRs sell in the $2700 range, and ATDs sell as high as $8k and as low as $3200.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, the question arose particularly from a PWH. A guy's selling one on SS.org and it's in really bad shape. Chips, marks all over the face, serious pitting on the trem, and some pretty nasty looking damage around the strap button on the upper horn. A really decent nick one sold on here recently $1300 ish I think...

He seems like a cool guy, I didn't wanna insult him with some crazy, low-ball offer when it's what I think it's worth.

Tough times... Lol.

MKR for $1500?! Dude! Sell that to me! Could I see some pics out of interest? I'd love to see what a $1500 MKR looks like, lol.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:59 PM

Yeah, you can see the thread here: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/sa...on-102853.html and pictures here http://www.theleague.ch/UV77MC_pix/

I'm gonna guess that's not what you had in mind.

In a fair bit of irony, this one is by far the best playing of my three UVMCs. The neck's just got a GREAT feel to it.

Last edited by dcord; 09-16-2010 at 02:13 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcord View Post
Yeah, you can see the thread here: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/sa...on-102853.html and pictures here http://www.theleague.ch/UV77MC_pix/

I'm gonna guess that's not what you had in mind.

In a fair bit of irony, this one is by far the best playing of my three UVMCs. The neck's just got a GREAT feel to it.
Probably the best MKR ive seen to date
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeminizer View Post
Probably the best MKR ive seen to date
It's true, it's got far less mustard, ketchup, and relish than most MKRs.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

That's a shame :-(

Still, it doesn't matter what finish you put on it you've got a great neck! I would have to give Darren at ATD a good nag though and get another swirl on there.

Swirls are like marmite, I happen to love them.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 PM

I've already spoken to Alan at OOTS to put a swirl on it. We'll see, after I see how the swirl I'm already having him do for me turns out.

Darren's impossible to get ahold of. Otherwise, I LOVE to have him to a REMC swirl on it.

Tags
ibanez , prices , universe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode