universe standard string action? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

universe standard string action?

I cannot seem to find what the standard string action for the Ibanez Universe is. Could anyone provide this for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: universe standard string action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsterforme View Post
I cannot seem to find what the standard string action for the Ibanez Universe is. Could anyone provide this for me?
There is no standard........

The "standard" would be whatever is most comfortable for you or the guitars owner.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
There is no standard........

The "standard" would be whatever is most comfortable for you or the guitars owner.
Whats the factory standard then...
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Whats the factory standard then...
As now, there was no factory standard. An Ibanez can ship with a varying degree of relief, string height, or even nut height. String height doesn't seem to be something that was ever on Ibanez's QC list.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 PM

Hey - I found no standard action reference either so I just played with the bridge height/spring tension until I found the most desirable setting where the strings were as low as possible without fretting out or hitting the frets. Of course there's the truss rod as well but I don't recommend touching that unless you're comfortable making adjustments with it.

good luck!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giabrone View Post
Hey - I found no standard action reference either so I just played with the bridge height/spring tension until I found the most desirable setting where the strings were as low as possible without fretting out or hitting the frets. Of course there's the truss rod as well but I don't recommend touching that unless you're comfortable making adjustments with it.

good luck!!!
Why wouldn't you recommend making truss rod adjustments? That's what it's there for. It's no different than making stud height adjustments.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Why wouldn't you recommend making truss rod adjustments? That's what it's there for. It's no different than making stud height adjustments.
Very true, Im not sure what the big hesitation is with adjusting the truss rod there is really very little you could do to mess up the guitar. Just make minor adjustments at a time and dont just spin the nut.

P.S. RGT I sent you a message
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
Very true, Im not sure what the big hesitation is with adjusting the truss rod there is really very little you could do to mess up the guitar. Just make minor adjustments at a time and dont just spin the nut.

P.S. RGT I sent you a message
Replying now.....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/action.htm
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I don't mind either way…I remember having a heck of a time learning how to adjust the truss rod correctly my first time. Glad you experts are reading this...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
here something hard case, i just adjust to my taste, and since im a lazy vibrato player, i just use 008.s

Tags
string action , universe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode