uv 777bk action still too high - help - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

uv 777bk action still too high - help

after adjusting the bridge hieght to its lowest point, i am still unhappy with the action. so i tried a neck shim. i used a small piece i cut out from a buisness card, and put it on the underside of the neck closest to the body(as illustrated in the jemsite setup section). this didnt seem to make much of a difference in the action. is the shim in the right place? should i try using something bigger? thanks again 4 your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 10:31 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
uv 777bk action still too high

you need a thicker shim. I'd use a thin piece of metal/tin or plastic if the paper is too easily crushed... glen
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 10:48 AM

I don't know at what point of the neck the action is too high. *If the action is too high from the 1st to 7th fret look to see if there is a shim under the locking nut. *
Out,
Gregory
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 10:55 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

To go along with what Gregory said, it is assumed you followed the setup guide on Jemsite and have run into a stumbling block with the bridge height, since it bottoms out not letting you lower the bridge (after loosening the locking screws in teh post of course!)

So just to clarify... IF that is this case...

without the shim it seems there is not enough adjustment in the tremolo studs to lower action. You must change this with the shim on the bridge side of the neck pocket until it leaves plenty of room to adjust the bridge height (and action) as desired. Good luck... glen

Tags
locking nut , neck shim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode