UV logo - can you folks help me ? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

UV logo - can you folks help me ?

Last year I posted on the old forum, how could I protect the logos from my 91 UV7PWH from peeling off...you guys suggested that I should keep the way it is, but lately the logo is peeling too much. Ive been thinking of making an adhesive (these vinyl ones cut by computer). Does anyone here have a GOOD scan. Better yet does anybody have a vectorized image off the Ibanez logo and the Universe logo ?? If memory serves right somebody asked for that logo ages ago...but found nothing on the search engine.

Also if I could arrange that logos Im seriously thinking in repainting my baby, cos the beige colour is getting on my nerves. Im not into collecting, so I dont bother changing its originality (dont be mad at me folks )

any help is very welcome :biggrin:

c-ya & thanks
Gilberto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 08:10 PM

UV logo

I just finished seting up a logo to use for testing decal paper. I now need to test the actual print process with a color laser pinter I have access to here at work. Then I need to test the actuall application of the logo.
It is the Ibanez logo ONLY. If all goes well, I'll have any color available EXCEPT white.

I'll keep you all posted on the results.

J>
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 10:42 PM

UV logo

Last year I did a trace based on photographs people provided me. It's not super-accurate, but it'll do in a pinch... and it's a vector file, so you can scale it to fit.

Remember, these are not official Ibanez logos. They are provided here for educational and reference use only. Please do not apply these to non-Ibanez products. Doing so would constitute trade mark infringement.

Thanks.

You can get 'em here in EPS and PDF format.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

UV logo

thanks buddies
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

UV logo

Folks :biggrin:

I just finished a true type font (ttf) where the A (not a) character is the Ibanez logo + checkmark + universe logo.

It took some time to do the glyph, I printed on transparency film on my HP laserjet 5L. For testing purposes, I used the word for windows using the size 160.

I put the file on the FTP area. Any suggestions and feedback are welcome.

Glen, if for any "reason" the ftp being not a apropriate place for it, u can remove it form there.

On the following days I'll take the file to a printing shop to make some decals and see how it worked.

please bear in mind that the logo is not the official one. It was based on my 91' UV7PWH, maybe it wont be same as an UV from another year. I'll compare with my RG7 and maybe do another type for it.

And beware with copyrights, do not paint fake necks, yadda, yadda, yadda (a la george constanza)

c-ya
gilberto
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 05:39 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
UV logo

gilberto, that font file does not register from windows. It says "not a valid font file" when i double click on it. Is the file corrupted or something? ... glen
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 01:41 AM

UV logo

Glen I just sent you the file in photoshop format...... via e-mail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode