UV777 or JEM77 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

UV777 or JEM77

Hi folks!

I want to buy a guitar, but I am unable to make a decision.
6-String or 7-String?
The UV777 or the JEM77?
What do you think?
Any personal impression or statement is very welcome.

Thanks a lot *

* * * * * * * * * * * *Tyrone

PS Sorry, but my english isnīt perfect.
* * If somone fints a misstace, you kan keeb it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 08:22 AM

UV777 or JEM77

It's like comparing a table to a chair. Both are furniture, but they're not really comparable anyway.

It all comes down to what you want to play and what you already got. Personally I'd go for a UV as I already have 2 JEMs. I'd advice you to try them both out and then buy the one that you feel will satisfy your GAS the most.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 11:58 AM
rvj

UV777 or JEM77

This really depends on your style of music. Are you a beginner looking to buy your very first guitar? Is budget a consideration? Jem's and UV's are great guitars, as well as the US and J-customs.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 09:40 PM

Reviews: 5
UV777 or JEM77

You know, comparing a six string to a seven string is like comparing..............um,,never mind:innocent:
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 06:24 AM

UV777 or JEM77

Try both out, it's all y0u can really do to compare them. They are very different, and 7strings aren't for everyone. If you like them and you can cope with the extra string, then go for it, as it is a lot of fun and just adds to the possibilities. It takes a while to get used to, and some people don't cope with it well, so try before you buy.

Whichever one you choose, you'll end up having a good guitar!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 01:36 PM

UV777 or JEM77

Gee, no one has ever asked this before!!!

I don't own a six string guitar anymore, all sevens now. *Extremely versatile, it can do everything a six can do and more. *Feels a little tighter and maybe more tempermental, but I'm a better player as a result. *I find I play more than I used to. *Six strings look funny to me now, necks just don't seem right anymore, gotta have that fat slab of rosewood.

My recommendation is obvious...but don't take my word for it, play everything you can get your hands on. *Keep in mind though that the set up on Jems and UVs is critical to how they feel...shops often don't know how to set them up or either they don't bother to do it.

(Edited by Gresh at 8:45 am on Oct. 9, 2001)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 09:56 PM

UV777 or JEM77

I can't really say one way or the other, but I know Dave Weiner always tells me 7 is the way to go, and Toshi Iseda is the same way....sooooooo.....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 08:16 AM

UV777 or JEM77

I'd go for the seven string. At the beginning it will be harder to adapt on the wider neck than a six string, but once adapted, you can do all the stuff you like to do on a six string AND more cause of that seventh string.

But, as said so many times, try em both.

Joten
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 09:43 AM

UV777 or JEM77

The bottom line here is to try before you buy.
Personally I don't get on with seven strings but I also don't like pepperoni on my pizza. It's all down to personal taste. They are both fantastic instruments though.

Good Luck

Matt

Tags
dave weiner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

UV777 still in production?
how to setup uv777

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode