UV777BK - Finally got mine....heres my impressions - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

UV777BK - Finally got mine....heres my impressions

I had posted a week or so ago about the UV777BK I won off Ebay for $850 with shipping. Well I finally got it and OH MY GOD! :love:

I couldn't be happier! The guys said it was in good shape but had been played. He must've counted a few minutes as being a "played" guitar. *
*I opened the shipping box and pulled the case from the bubble wrapping around it( ALOT of it actually) and immediately noticed the tag was still hanging from the handle. Also had the made in Canada sticker on the case as well. *
*So I am thinking....ok he bought a new case for it before he sold it. I open the case and literally about fainted. First of all....I personally think the UV777BK is a stunningly beautiful guitar anyway. But this guitar still had the protective film on the pickguard, trussrod cover, and back plates. I have seen the same guitar in stores new that looked worse. Its absolutely immaculate! The case is in perfect condition and it had the trem bar. The only bummer was the toolkit its supposed to come with must've found a home with him. Small consolation for me getting such a good deal.
* It has been really easy to convert to 7 strings too. I love it....my Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 is getting jealous Im sure. *I even so far am decently impressed by the Blaze pickups. They have cut and are gainy for sure. I may end up eventually switching to something different though. Any reccommendations? *Also....does anyone know where I can purchase the aforementioned toolkit that should come with a JEM/UV?? Any help would be appreciated!! *Thanks all.....
A.J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 09:28 AM

UV777BK

WOW, that is really a lucky catch for 850 man, in that condition, totally new, thats great, congratulations
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 02:41 PM

UV777BK

Excellent deal to be sure...you don't need any special tools above and beyond what are normally needed for any guitar, so I wouldn't sweat the tool kit if you already have a common collection of allen wrenches and whatnot.

Enjoy it, it is an awesome instrument and quite versatile. *I have one as well. *Most folks that put in different pickups tend to go with EVO 7 and a PAF 7 for the neck, some guys have tone zones as well. *I am on the fence. *The more I tinker with my POD the more fun I have squeezing tones out of it as is...so until I get bored, I am staying put.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 03:33 PM

UV777BK

Congrats!!! ENJOY!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 07:39 PM

UV777BK

For a lot of people the novelty of the “new UV”, the UV777PBK, has long since wore off. For me, it is still as appealing as it was the day I got mine. That was close to 2 years ago. I agree that it is a beautiful guitar.

I also love the large fret wire and the Jem-like, thin neck. I wouldn’t mind a little more gain out of the pickups, but I can live with the stocks.

Congrats!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 09:00 PM

UV777BK

Pickups!

Bridge: Tone Zone 7, Neck: PAF 7.

Trust me on this one.

If you don't like'em I'll buy'em from you.

(if you don't butcher the wires of course hehe)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 09:34 PM

UV777BK

Congratulations! It's an awesome axe and you got a great deal.

Enjoy!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

UV777BK

Thanks guys for the feedback! So far I am liking the pickups....but I have yet to unleash it through my live rig so thats the real test for me. But I have heard alot of good things about the PAF 7 , Tone Zone 7, and of course the Evo 7......so I may eventually go that route. *To be honest I am loving 7 strings so I may have to eventually get a second UV and load it with aftermarkets! :biggrin:

But next on the agenda is a custom JEM project! :rotf:

thank God for a cool wife that deals with me being a total gear-junkie!
Later

Tags
allen wrench , allen wrenches , beautiful guitar , blaze pickups , custom jem , fret wire , jem project , paul reed , paul reed smith , reed smith , tone zone , trussrod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode