Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UV777Bk Freshly Modded

16K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  ImitationSHREDder 
#1 ·
Just finished the mod on this guitar. Turned out nice. A fresh twist with so many of these UVs out there.

http://www.jemsite.com/upload/files/Uv777bk.jpg

Evo7 in the bridge, Blaze IIs for neck and middle. The Evo7 is very nice. A great surprise with all the negative comments I've seen on it. :cool:

#4 ·
Hi Bob.

I don't know about the Evo's but I found the Tone Zone to just be a better pickup overall. Tone/gain/feel etc.

Factory pickups (regardless of who's supposed to make'em) generally underwhelm me.

In otherwords, you'd probably notice and improvement regardless of what pickup you put in there. The stockers just lack character to me... or maybe I'm just hearing things. ;)

BTW - Seymour Duncan offers about half of its line in 7 stringers too. The Duncan JB is a long time favorite of mine as is the Full Shred. I have one of each coming and am going to play 'swap the pickups' for a day and figure out what combination I like most.

#6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I am happy with the results, especially sonically.  Bob, the Evo does have a lot more gain, but a lot of it is the mids that are boosted that  sonically make it cut through and drive my Legacy just like the Jem7VWH and its Evos.

Those stock pickups are Blaze IIs guys, not your ordinary stock pus. I love the Blaze IIs, but the older ones on the older UVs seem to have more life and clarity to them. IMO ;)

#8 ·
Yeah, Roger made it for me Bob. 48 hrs after the call to order it, it was at my door. Roger is awesome.

I know what ya mean on prior pickup discussions. I saw many, many threads turn into a pickup discussion. Good luck if ya decide to change yours. Of course, you could follow through on your custom 7 :)

#20 ·
Then I wouldn't have that awesome pic from Ayrton that I can spring on unsuspecting posters on my martial arts forum :lol:

No, we should leave old threads as is so that we can all jump up and down and post "It's X years old!" when someone brings them back :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.