UV777BK Movie Siting.. check it out! - Lestat's guitar playe - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 14
UV777BK Movie Siting.. check it out! - Lestat's guitar playe

http://queenofthedamned.warnerbros.com/flash_site.html

If you are into Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, you may already know that "Queen of The Damned" hits theatres on February 22nd.

Part of the plot is Lestat forms a rock band so that he can become a Rock Star and gather all the vampires of the world at one concert.

if you visit the "Flash site" you can click on the "made-up" Lestat Rock Band for the movie(looks like they will be releasing videos as well). Also you can hear their music, written by Jonathan Davis of Korn....yea I know I know!

Looks like the guitar play in the fake band is jamming on a UV777BK in a couple of the photos available. The videos aren't available yet, we may see more UV action there as well.
http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...ned%20band.jpg

cool!

Robbie

a couple of misssssspels!

(Edited by Superuser at 10:35 am on Jan. 17, 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 04:44 PM

UV777BK Movie Siting.. check it out!

Already seen this, and posted on it. *Here's a link to the 3 vids they have released so far.

The music is pretty cool IMHO. *Much better than Korn. *The song-writing is better (although very "Korn" sounding) with more to them and not simple "chug-chug-chug" guitar work. *The vocals in the movie (Lestat's voice) is being done by Jon Davis, but on the soundtrack it was going to be some other guy (info on the site I linked to), but they switched it (for legal reasons) to people like Chester of Linkin Park, the singer from Disturbed, Marylin Manson, Wayne from Static-X, etc.

(Edited by Two hands31 at 4:47 pm on Jan. 17, 2002)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 04:34 PM

checked out that vid. one of the first tunes done by KoRn (in any incarnation) that i'veenjoyed. then again, i'm not that familiar with their earlier stuff...

-Drew
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 05:34 PM

I like their newest stuff better than their oldest stuff. *Their oldest stuff was ok, but very simple. *There's more atmosphere, etc. in their newest stuff. *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 11:42 PM

hey i just saw that movie tonight!!! when i spotted the universe,i thought it kicked ass. i was so happy to see a decent guitar!!!!sweetness
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 10:25 PM

Reviews: 30

Hello all, I saw the movie tonight. Heard it was supposed to be a flop, but I liked it. Anyway, the UV looked better than Aaliyah (and she looked good.......). As others have said, it fits in well with the movie and the overall feeling of the film. Another Korn related issue to the movie, Jonathan Davis also has a small role in the film trying to sell a character concert tickets. Just another little bit. The UV made it worthwile, so if not for any other reason, go see a UV!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 01:19 PM

The singer on the soundtrack is Jeff Scott Soto! It's in the new Metal Edge with the 2 page Dream Theater article, along with a big Jon Davis interview. Terry Bozzio and who I believe is supposed to be Vinnie Colaiuta (Zappa...Mike Stern...etc), are also playing drums on the cd, with spots of Korn members throughout. Time to use up those movies passes I got in my stocking this past Christmas.
I'd go to see the drummers alone...this should be interesting..

Tags
mike stern

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode