UV777BK My Dreams Went To Hell - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

UV777BK My Dreams Went To Hell

Hi everybody. I got my uv777bk (03) before one month and a few days!
Since then i've got a tuning stability problems! I check the tech sections (jemsite & ibanez rules) hundreds of times and for a while i fix the things, but yesterday everything goes to hell!!!
I tune the guitar, then push down the bar and release everything is ok but when i pull up the bar and release the tone is very sharp
I checked this at tech section (ibanez rules) and there was answer of all my questions: Flat Knife Edges and/or Bad Posts
That was a brand new guitar @#$%^&!
Excuse me i'm still affected!
Ok the main problem is that i bought this guitar from USA but i live in Bulgaria!!!
I have one year warranty but the way to the USA and back is 630$
It's not to much for your standarts but in Bulgaria the month payment is 120$!!!
Did you know where i can find a good service near Bulgaria. Maybe Greece, Turkey, Germany!!??!!
Does anybody knows how much will cost this part ?
Rich some help here please
I'm very disappointed right now... i spend money (like i said payment in my country is 120~130$.... you know how much brand new UV777BK cost ) all my life to get this guitar (my biggest dream) and now when i get this DREAM everything crashed down. That's not fair!
Please anybody who has information about my problem please post it!!!
/now i will go to my local guitar shop to see if they can solve the problem! Later i will answer to any questions you may have!!!/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 05:53 AM

"you're still breathing but you just cant tell,
dont hold your breath but the pretty things are going to hell"

aaah, Edge Pro's... aahh! maybe you can move to germany, i dont know man, this is a shame...
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 07:13 AM

Dude,find out shipping to the UK,i'm sure someone on here can help? i know there are a few techy types in europe,If it's not too much to ship to the uk i'll look at it for you :-) It may be cheaper to get the ferry/chunnel,then by all means your welcome to drop in at some point in the future...

Hope ya get it all sorted

Rob
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 07:15 AM
K_T

This is very disturbing..

Don't you have any local ibanez dealers there? Hopefully, they can help you!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

I'm shocked!!! i'm returning from my local guitar shop (they use to have a very good guitar service), people there say "sorry dude we don't know anybody who can see this!!!?!?!?!?" CAN YOU BELEAVE IT!!!!
I just can't imagine that in Bulgaria there is no one who can do this???
Come on we are ~8.000.000 people in this #[email protected]$#^ country
I saw 50 musicians with JEM w/LoPro's where they fix their guitars?????
Thank you Rob /Jem7RB MK/ these words worm my heart ang bring me back to reality and i see that there are people who are ready to help!
I try to fix the problem more localy (nearest country) but THANK YOU ROB Thank You!!!
Guitarkalle my local guitar shop used to be a Ibanez dealer but they are in strange releations!!! The highest Ibanez model that they were offer was Rg 470 and that was 3 years ago!!! Since then Nothing
I want to Buy UV777BK from them and they say OK.... the earlier delivery
will be FEBRUARY 2004
Thats why i want to order problem part from somewhere else....
But first i want some Pro to see this guitar and say we must do this and that... I want this guitar to be my main Axe and i'll do everything to fix this guitar and make her great instrument which she DESERVE TO BE
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 09:10 AM
dex

Don't you worry dude, I'll just pm you and try and get you sorted out.

ilia
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 09:17 AM

Killer, you've got to talk to Rich. PM him or click on the banner on top IBANEZRULES. He has stocks of EdgePro parts and should be able to help you help yourself.

Cheers,
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Vendor

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 05:39 AM

Sounds familiar

I've got a DBK, and had exactly the same problem , but a few hours work sorted it out.
The Fix :
Remove the tren from the body, chech to see if the posts are secure in the body, if there not pull them out and re-fix using an epoxy resin.
Get hold of some needle files, and file the knive edges so that they don't have any flats on them ( check out http://www.ibanezrules.com/ for the spec.)

I know it's a new guitar and it shouldn't have this problem, but sorting it out yourself will save you a lot of hassle.

Good luck
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 11:11 AM
Vendor

Dude, it's an 03', his problem is his studs don't lock.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 09:04 PM

Yep Killer!!
get a set of lockable studs, and Youll shine in a second
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 08:49 AM

Rich,

Do you now ship all your EP equipped guitars with your locking studs mod? Just curious as I will be ordering a 7VWH from you as soon as my Axis is sold. This tuning instability problem with the new bridge is a tad worrying.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Vendor

Sure, but you have to pay for them
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 10:30 AM

Excellent, I'll be paying for that re-assurance then.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 11:42 AM

why dont the guys at Ibanez learn to file those knives?????

Tags
edge pro trem , edge pro trems , equipped guitar , guitar shop , ibanez dealer , local guitar shop , locking stud , locking studs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode