UV777BK neck... - Dark or Light rosewood? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

UV777BK neck... - Dark or Light rosewood?

Today i had in my hands for the first time and in person, the UV777BK (yeah, these are available for years, but here in Portugal these are extremely rare to find...). Although i was more impressed when i saw the VWH, i was impressed about the beauty of this guitar, but i felt a little dissapointed when i saw it. Don't get me wrong, i really liked it, but i was expecting more. And why? Because the neck in the one i saw had a VERY light rosewood (and to me it was kinda ugly, i don't like light rosewood...). Every UV777BK i saw in photos had a much darker rosewood, some even "like" ebony (not really ebony, but you get the idea). I know that, since they are made from wood, there's always some color variations, but i was wondering on the most common color of the neck. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but wich rosewood color (light or dark) is the most common in a UV777BK?

(Edited by armdias at 2:07 pm on Jan. 29, 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 04:09 PM

UV777BK neck...

that is a dried up fretboard, they are usually dark, sometimes very dark.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 04:11 PM

UV777BK neck...

Actually I've heard many reports of lighter rosewood on all guitars, but also many for the UV777BK. *I seem to remember hearing techniques for darkening. *Wait till some of the guys get in here that know first hand. *lol *
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 04:14 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
UV777BK neck...

this comes up every few weeks when a newcomer to the UV777BK looks to buy one.

this color variation is NORMAL, and is dependant on the source of the rosewood.

For more info, do a forum search for detailed discussion about this

CLOSED.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode