uv777bk for uv77mc how much more money is fair? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

uv777bk for uv77mc how much more money is fair?

--------- okay, i'm trading up to a uv77mc, whats a fair trade price, i'm 4 out of 5 condition and throwing in an evo7 and my uv1000...

what do you guys think>

joseph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 01:08 AM

oh Gosh... you know what I'd do.. I'd go over to www.ibanezrules.com to the used page and see what they are going for the mc that is... and then you can better judge the difference.

Personaly, other than them being limited(or out of production), thats the only reason I see for the prices they ask for them. Same thing goes for Jems, JPM, JS etc... I've owned many limiteds, IMO they are over hyped. Please don't stone me for saying it, just my opinon...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 01:43 AM
EKG

Well, for me, a few things come into play.

Condition of this MC - nicks, chips, fretwear, etc. Is it a Japanese swirl or an ATD swirl? I prefer the ATD's Does it come with the pink lined case?

And BrianH is right.....talk to the "YODA" of Ibanez Guitars....Ibanez at richrules OOPS!! I mean Rich at ibanezrules (see link above)
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 02:01 AM
Vendor

I always apreciate the vote of confidence guys, but I sent him here. I barely have the time to answer buisness mail, get my work/packing/shipping/buying done without answering tons of mail that just doesn't concern me. I've always tried to be as accessible in the past as possible, but the mail list days are long gone, and I miss them!! I finally sat down to eat dinner at 12:30 tonight and this shows up

what do you think, a straight trade, uv777bk for uv77mc... i think i'll do it... you?

Now multiply that by 50 times a day and you'll see where I'm coming from! There's plenty of information on my site between the Sold history page, current Used page, etc. Half the questions I get asked could be answered with the very minimum of reaserch, and if nobody is willing to do it why should I be responsible for doing it for them? Obviously the bulk of email that absolutely doesn't concern me is wearing me down and is bringing on major changes to the site, including auto-responders and a very "descriptive" email page that will specify what I don't have the time to answer, ie.

I just bought this guitar on ebay, can you tell me what it is and what it's worth?
[sounds like you should have thought about that before you bid]

I was considering a double edge model but I'd never give up my PRS, when you get done playing with toys you should pick up a real guitar!!
[piss off]

My guitar is serial # F913652, can you tell me what model it is and where it was sold?
[sure. let me consult my astrologer]

The list of redundant mail I get all day every day would drive most people to drink, unfortunately I don't. If the mail requires a short answer [you all know I only write in very short sentances] then I have no problem answering, but long drawn out detailed question like "how much is a UVMC worth" just has way too many variables and requires way too much thought to interupt dinner for, or the possible 10 minites of peace I might try and enjoy after dinner. If it's being offered to me for sale then it becomes my job to break it down, like I do all day, every day.

Sorry for the rant, long day, as they all are.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 09:02 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
i think the UV777BK is a better axe than the MC but that is probably not what you wanted to hear. "Trading up" seems to be an inappropriate term, since there is no up. But as always, a guitar's worth to *you* varies greatly compared to the next guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
I always apreciate the vote of confidence guys, but I sent him here. I barely have the time to answer buisness mail, get my work/packing/shipping/buying done without answering tons of mail that just doesn't concern me. I've always tried to be as accessible in the past as possible, but the mail list days are long gone, and I miss them!! I finally sat down to eat dinner at 12:30 tonight and this shows up

what do you think, a straight trade, uv777bk for uv77mc... i think i'll do it... you?

Now multiply that by 50 times a day and you'll see where I'm coming from! There's plenty of information on my site between the Sold history page, current Used page, etc. Half the questions I get asked could be answered with the very minimum of reaserch, and if nobody is willing to do it why should I be responsible for doing it for them? Obviously the bulk of email that absolutely doesn't concern me is wearing me down and is bringing on major changes to the site, including auto-responders and a very "descriptive" email page that will specify what I don't have the time to answer, ie.

I just bought this guitar on ebay, can you tell me what it is and what it's worth?
[sounds like you should have thought about that before you bid]

I was considering a double edge model but I'd never give up my PRS, when you get done playing with toys you should pick up a real guitar!!
[piss off]

My guitar is serial # F913652, can you tell me what model it is and where it was sold?
[sure. let me consult my astrologer]

The list of redundant mail I get all day every day would drive most people to drink, unfortunately I don't. If the mail requires a short answer [you all know I only write in very short sentances] then I have no problem answering, but long drawn out detailed question like "how much is a UVMC worth" just has way too many variables and requires way too much thought to interupt dinner for, or the possible 10 minites of peace I might try and enjoy after dinner. If it's being offered to me for sale then it becomes my job to break it down, like I do all day, every day.

better you than me my friend. This is why all jemsite email goes to the forum.

I've noticed a trend where newcomers lean on Rich more and more like a pair of crutches. It's not that hard to post on the forum and search around to get replies, without using email to the security blanket
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 09:30 AM

You have to give us more details on the MC.

If it is equal condition to your BK (which is only getting around $850 or $900 on the market now in perfect condition) then you are gonna put in tons of cash, especially if it's an ATD. Those get $2500 or so pretty consistently. It really depends on who you are trading with and what value they put on it. He may hate it so much he'd go straight up just to have a different guitar. Emotions play a huge role. Japanese swirls still fetch upwards of $2000, some less some more.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 09:50 AM
EKG

Quote:
I've noticed a trend where newcomers lean on Rich more and more like a pair of crutches. It's not that hard to post on the forum and search around to get replies, without using email to the security blanket
To Rich and Jemsite..........understood

For collector purposes, I would go for it. For playability, it is up to you. Of all the guitars I have had, the original BK (black/green) was, by far, my best sounding and playing guitar....I miss that one!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 09:59 AM
Vendor

Glen told me long ago I was an idiot to have email links on every page, oh if I had only listened!! ;/

Ken also swears by his UV7BK, although he says he likes his 7620's the most lately.

New day [started by my morning hang up pu$$y call at 8:30, I'll get at least 10 more through the day]

Jap swirls $1300 - $2600
ATD's $1600 - over $3k

All very subjectively priced by picky condition considerations, but the biggest factor is how apealing the swirl itself is.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

so --- i'm also new to swirls... atd?

---- so okay, a jap swirl is easy to understand... now , the atd...
wwas this a particular person creation... let me know

joseph
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 04:48 PM

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 08:35 PM

I'd never trade a BK for a swirl, just cuz it's prettier. Sure I like swirls, but come on, pay more for an older guitar?

I know, that's why I'll never be a good vintage guitar collector.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
So how much do you think the GSA60 I won off of Ebay that has a bowed neck and a missing knob is worth?

Tags
atd swirl , ibanez guitars , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode