UV777BK wont stay in tune - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

UV777BK wont stay in tune

Ive found that my uv777bk's trem will not return to the correct pitch under trem workouts it come back sharp after i pull up and flat after i push down this leaves all of the strings mildly out of tune but it is noticeable has anyone else had this problem. also i have found that compared to all of my fellow jemsiters rants about the stability of the lo pro edge7 mine dosent work worth a ****. if any of you guys could help me out with this it would be much apreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 10:02 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
the jemsite TECH SETUP area has alot of info on troubleshooting a locking trem... glen
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 11:20 PM
Vendor

What year is the UV?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 11:28 PM

First answer Rich, if he has some info it will be well worth it.

Second, tighten the nut srews on the back of the neck. Tighten the neck screws. Make sure the little screw down in the posts is tight. For anything else the Tech section as said before will have this and much more in detail.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

this is an brand new 02 uv bought online from musiciansfriend and ive gone through most of the stuff related to this in the setup area but a double check couldnt hurt eh?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 10:04 AM

I have found that all three of my lo pro 7 trems have a different sweet spot. My UV likes to be tilted ever so slightly toward the rear of the guitar, just barely past parallel. The 2027 is dead parallel but the treble side needs to be up a touch. The 7620 I just got is also dead parallel but the bass side jacked up a touch. If I waver from these setting, it won't stay in tune.

Also, since your guitar is brand new, it will take some time for the springs to find "home" and the guitar will not stay in perfect tune until they do. In the meantime, double check your set up and then really abuse the trem, full on slack string dive bombs, bar flutters....really stretch those strings and do that every day for a while. Works like a charm and your guitar will feel less stiff.

Tags
neck screws , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode