UV777GR - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

UV777GR

Might be getting a hold of one of these very soon. Whats everyone's opinion on them?
I havent got a chance to play one yet. Much less a Uni/Jem w/ a maple fretboard...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 12:31 PM

I would LOVE one...mappleeeeeeee

Where did you get it from?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

I'm getting it off the most evil of bays.
There's a Uv77MC on there now just waiting for purchase ;p
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 02:24 PM

Andy, I had a beat up one about 3 months ago, really beaten up, i think the guy may still have it for sale, I'll mail him for you, Asking price was silly as it needed alot of cleaning ... No wood chips tho ;-)

Rob
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

about 1k is a good price for one right?
This one im bidding on is in really good condition.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
Andy, I had a beat up one about 3 months ago, really beaten up, i think the guy may still have it for sale, I'll mail him for you, Asking price was silly as it needed alot of cleaning ... No wood chips tho ;-)

Rob
Please PLEASE do man
Thanks!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 08:30 PM

Hands down my favorite Universe of all time. Mine was beat up and yes ,,,, it had wood chips in it. However it had the most amazing tone. I recently traded to my bro in Nashville. His son fell in love with it. So now I'm the owner of another 1527.

I would like to have one again someday,,, if not anything else they are fun to look at and the maple rules,,, the fly nice to

~A
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I think my main draw is the fact its a 7 string w/ a maple fretboard. the only other guitar i've seen like that is Francesco Fareri's and its a custom one. If it sounds anything like my UV7BK, i'll be way beyond happy with it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 09:12 AM

I absolutely love my UV777GR! It's got some character dings, but the tone is ungodly. Really raw and organic sounding through my VHT Pittbull.

Whenever I pick it up, it just feels like home. Stays in tune incredibly well (running 0.10s on it, 0.56 B) and my hands really like the wide, flat fretboard.

The fact that it has a really sweet flamed maple fretboard is icing on the cake! Probably one guitar I'll own for life, regardless of the funny comments I get about the color scheme.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

yeah, i love the color scheme though... lol.
So i tell my g/f im bidding on it and she's like "Wow..thats um....green." She just doesnt get it lol.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:13 PM

Entropy! Post a pic of the fret board I love to see that!
Shakma! She'll grow to love it,,, maybe not as much as you. There is just something about the GR's that just "hits home".

~A
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Garrow
Entropy! Post a pic of the fret board I love to see that!
Shakma! She'll grow to love it,,, maybe not as much as you. There is just something about the GR's that just "hits home".

~A
I will in the next couple of days. I don't have them here at work and need to decide if the one's I have at home are dramatic enough to see the flame or I need to take better ones.

It's very cool, nonetheless. Hang on.

Shakma! Tell your girlfriend that her shoes are too "brown (or whatever color)" for you....then tell her......"but I love the way they look on your feet!"

Then she may learn to love the greenie!!!

Tags
flamed maple , fret board , maple fret , maple fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Up for sale is my beutiful UV777GR

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode