UV7BK (Green Dot) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

UV7BK (Green Dot)

Hey guys!

I wanted to ask you what are your thoughts on the Ibanez UV7BK (Green Dot). What's the neck like? Pickups? Tremolo? Overall quality/construction? Feel free to say whatever you want

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Re: UV7BK (Green Dot)

Come on people, this hasn't been answered anywhere, I've searched. I'm sure plenty of you already tried it and have some solid opinions about it, so share them with me
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 08:53 PM

I like mine. Trem is a Original Edge 7, like it alot, very stable, stays in tune. Neck & middle pickups are the original Blaze, just put a D-Activator 7 in the bridge. It's a 20-year old model, and it's been gigged hard, so the body and neck show years of use. Basswood bodies tend to collect dents & chipped edges, but mine has no dents or chipped edges, just a small deep scratch on the arm bevel.

And my fretboard is completely scalloped, like Yngwie's strats.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM7stringfan View Post
I like mine. Trem is a Original Edge 7, like it alot, very stable, stays in tune. Neck & middle pickups are the original Blaze, just put a D-Activator 7 in the bridge. It's a 20-year old model, and it's been gigged hard, so the body and neck show years of use. Basswood bodies tend to collect dents & chipped edges, but mine has no dents or chipped edges, just a small deep scratch on the arm bevel.

And my fretboard is completely scalloped, like Yngwie's strats.
how do you compare it to other ibanez by the same price? (900-1200)
and do you like the neck?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gui94 View Post
how do you compare it to other ibanez by the same price? (900-1200€)
and do you like the neck?
Yes, I love the neck. It stays very thin, right up to the square heel, I have big hands, so I have no problem reaching the last few frets. The only other 7-string I have played that felt as thin and fast as the UV7BK's neck is the Dean RC-7. 1200 euro is what I guess mine is worth, I haven't had it appraised, and it has been modified, so it's not in totally stock condition. I have gotten alot of emails & PMs about just selling the tremolo, but I will not part it out.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM7stringfan View Post
Yes, I love the neck. It stays very thin, right up to the square heel, I have big hands, so I have no problem reaching the last few frets. The only other 7-string I have played that felt as thin and fast as the UV7BK's neck is the Dean RC-7. 1200 euro is what I guess mine is worth, I haven't had it appraised, and it has been modified, so it's not in totally stock condition. I have gotten alot of emails & PMs about just selling the tremolo, but I will not part it out.
These old UV7BK Green Dot are very rare aren't they? Do you think that for the price (around 1000) they're one of the best options?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
These old UV7BK Green Dot are very rare aren't they? Do you think that for the price (around 1000) they're one of the best options?
You might want to send an email to Rich at Ibanezrules.com, he knows the UVs better than I do.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Come on people, this hasn't been answered anywhere, I've searched. I'm sure plenty of you already tried it and have some solid opinions about it, so share them with me
Here we go again... don't be crybaby and this is not an question answering service. There are no 100+ answers because of the MILLION reviews available for this guitar in general and for specific parts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafigator View Post
Here we go again... don't be crybaby and this is not an question answering service. There are no 100+ answers because of the MILLION reviews available for this guitar in general and for specific parts.
This is a forum and usually people are helpful in forums. Also, I'm sorry I didn't find any reviews. Can you give me the links please?

Cheers!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Reviews: 9

Mine's awesome. I play it like a six, and can get some great 'old school' rock and roll sounds out of it. It's a really nicely made guitar with a lot of character, and about one of the only seven strings I'd ever dream of using on a general basis. I'd use this for everything, seriously. It's very comfortable to play and most importantly sounds great.

Tags
dot , green , uv7bk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode