UVMC - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

UVMC

for sale at (currently!) a very reasonable price on the bay...just to let you know Wasn't sure if this would be allowed in the Classifieds forum...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:42 AM

Re: UVMC

200 bucks for shipping is a bit ludacris. Also interesting that he and the item is in Italy but he lists the shipping cost in Pounds. Hmmm.
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:01 PM

Yeah, it does seem a little fishy. It costs quite a bit to ship something from Europe to the US. Still, assuming it's legit, that's $1200 total for a UVMC. Not bad.
post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:13 PM
RCB

There is no way that guitar is going to end under 2K unless there is something seriusly wrong with it.
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Vendor

Why would anybody think it would do worse than last time, now with reserve lifted [although the seller has terrible feedback]

post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:29 PM

Regardless, that is the butt-ugliest swirl I have just about ever seen. And it's chipped up and scratched. If you could get it for maybe 1500 it might be worth having it re-swirled, but nothing else.
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:39 PM
RCB

If thats the worst swirl you ve seen you havent seen many. Thats an average MKR swirl. It has some condition issues, but at 2K it woulbe a verygood buy. Above that, well it depends on how much you like the swirl. I believe 2,7K would be a good sell, so anything between 2-2.7 is within reason IMHO.
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

looked ok to me...he seems to have sold a few guitars. I didn't check his feedback mind, but then I'm not buying this guitar
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB View Post
If thats the worst swirl you ve seen you havent seen many. Thats an average MKR swirl. It has some condition issues, but at 2K it woulbe a verygood buy. Above that, well it depends on how much you like the swirl. I believe 2,7K would be a good sell, so anything between 2-2.7 is within reason IMHO.
That's right, I've never seen a swirl in my life. I am well aware that it's an MKR, and I have seen plenty of them, and this is about the worst one I have ever seen. I have seen a few MKR's that were actually pretty nice, most of them are so-so, this one is hideous. I know what my own opinion is, thanks.
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:48 PM
RCB

Im just trying to give you a fair idea about how much that guitar is worth, regardless of what you think of it.
post #11 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:49 PM

I, personally, think it looks fine...
post #12 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Im just trying to give you a fair idea about how much that guitar is worth, regardless of what you think of it.
No, you tried to imply that I don't know what I'm talking about by telling me I must not have seen many, and then you gave your different opinion on it stated as a fact. THEN you tried to give us an idea of what you think it's worth. Are we really going to go down this road again?

Quote:
If thats the worst swirl you ve seen you havent seen many. Thats an average MKR swirl.

Last edited by <b>GilkyBear</b>; 01-02-2007 at 02:00 PM.
post #13 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:57 PM

NO - you're not going to go down that road AGAIN!!!

Jeeze....what are you two.....brothers or something
post #14 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Dee

That swirl isn't so bad, although it ain't particularly pretty either. I have seen MUCH worse swirls that many people here have been going nuts over, much to my bewilderment.
post #15 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 02:36 PM
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
No, you tried to imply that I don't know what I'm talking about by telling me I must not have seen many, and then you gave your different opinion on it stated as a fact. THEN you tried to give us an idea of what you think it's worth. Are we really going to go down this road again?

Well, I cant really know how many MKRs you saw, can I? And that MKR is average or better than average, so I thought you must ve seen mostly ATD which generally look better.In any case, since I owned 2 MKR UVMC, I thought I could shed some light about the pricing and how they look on average, because unless you actually owned an MKR you cant really tell how they look in person. From what you can see on the pics, it would appear as if ATD colours are 3 million times better, and thats not the case. ATDs does look better, the colours are better, but for some reason pics seem to magnify that difference.
Closed Thread

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , near mint condition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode