Vai signed JEM question - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Vai signed JEM question

Hello all!

I have a chance to buy a Steve Vai autographed JEM reissue with the pink pickups and wild colors. It is supposedly one of 50 sent to the US this year (or last year?).

$1700 at a local music store, unplayed and brand new.

I am not sure if this is a good JEM or not (I have no idea which model this reissue is), but it does have the vine inlay all the way down the neck.

I am going to see it tomorrow for the first time (taking my RG in for some work), as it has only been described to me by phone as of this morning.

Does this sound like the real thing? Worth getting?

Thanks for your very well informed info in advance!!

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 03:44 PM
RCB

The only annyversary reissue out there is the jem77FP (15 annyversary). It doesnt have wild colours, but a floral pattern fabric. You can check it out in this site gallery. As far as I know they dont come signed by Vai, but I cant be sure since I ve only seen the older ones (not the 15 anniversary one).

It s one of my favourite jems.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 03:45 PM

Sounds like the 15th Anniversary Jem77FP to me. Does the guitar have flowers on it? I'm not sure if they're signed by Vai or not.

Its definately worth buying, but wait for some responses from the guys who live in America on the price etc.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

I went by at lunch to check it out and it does have the floral fabric pattern on it. The Trem spring plate has Steve's signature on it hand written, not printed.

$1777.00 + tax.

Sounds pretty cool to me!

Anybody else have an opinion of this guitar, and it's price?

Ryan
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Vendor

Trem cover or control cover?

I've got them cheaper, and no tax
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:43 PM

It's a great guitar. The control cover, not the trem cover, should be signed. I bought mine from Rich for $100 and change less. And, again, no tax. I've seen one in a store. It's set up and condition was NOT the same as I got from Rich.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Oh yes, I know about Rich! He is the MAN.

I have pretty much decided that from now on all my Ibanez guitars will be purchased through him. Having the guitar setup by a master is definitely worth it, even if it costs more (and especially if it works out to be less!).

Thanks guys!

Ryan
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 05:03 PM

i like those as well...thought about getting one but, now i have my sights set on PIA!

buying from rich is definately the way to go.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 08:28 AM

the Ann. Floral is an AWESOME guitar! i would have trouble owning it almost as much as a DNA or a 10th Ann. since i would want to play the S#$% out of it (which is what they are made for) but also i would want to keep it for a valued collectable in pristine condition. the only answer would be to own TWO of each - which would be fine if $ weren't an issue.
i had the pleasure of playing the 15th Floral that is on the classifieds FS/FT from one of our members. i didn't plug it in and i was ever so gentle with her, but i did get to noodle a bit and i was SOOO impressed at the feel and quality! it is like going to a car lot and trying out an average car and then climbing in a Mercedes (two seater convertable) or another high end performance car and you know right from the feel of the door handle and closing the air tight door of the actual quality/craftmanship of the vehicles in comparison before even turning the key!
if you don't have a fear of getting some marks on it - then by all means GO FOR IT!!!! i will be (momentarily) content with my 7DBK and my new family member , VBK, until GAS strikes and i am forced (like my arm REALLY has to be twisted!! ) to finish the 3 other custom Jem projects that i've started and have been temporarily side tracked with.
good luck and you would be extremely pleased with it if you get one!!
BTW- i thought they only released 138 pcs to the US?

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69
BTW- i thought they only released 138 pcs to the US?
The # I got was 125, but numbers and Ibanez are always a challenge. One rep says one thing other says something completely different and then nobody knows for sure.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 12:31 PM

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Vai signed JEM question

Had some troubble finding this out, but did all(or some?) the 15th come with a signed backplate?
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM

Reviews: 18
Smile Re: Vai signed JEM question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhea View Post
I went by at lunch to check it out and it does have the floral fabric pattern on it. The Trem spring plate has Steve's signature on it hand written, not printed.

$1777.00 + tax.

Sounds pretty cool to me!

Anybody else have an opinion of this guitar, and it's price?

Ryan
Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't the 15th Anniversary FP's NOT have a fabric pattern?

Jimmy
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 PM
rgr

Just my <$0.02, don't pay extra for Vai's signature, he signs alot of stuff, so it really doesn't increase the value of a guitar. If it came from the factory with the signature, cool (I don't know if they did or not), but if it was signed later, it doesn't really add any value to the guitar.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Reviews: 1

I thought the 15th came with a extra signed backplate or something. I know he signs very much stuff, i'm just curious since i'm considering buying a 15th.
Any thoughts about it? I know it has the edge pro which isn't very popular around here but there's not that many fp's around up here.

Tags
custom jem , ibanez guitars , jem project , local music store , locking stud , locking stud mod , music store , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode