VBK Question - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

VBK Question

Well, I jumped into the Jem pool again and traded for a VBK. The VBK has always been my favorite Jem. But I have a question. Didn't they come with black-green-black pickguards? I know the UV7BK did. So I'm assuming that the VBK did too. Mine showed up with a black-white-black pickguard, which doesn't look right. Can you still get the B-G-B pickguards somewhere?

Also, it had stickers on the pickups. Let me clairify. Green stickers that go over the top with cutouts for the bobbins. You can see that the pickup underneath is green and it's a DiMarzio but they must have faded a bit and someone put these stickers on to make it look more vibrant. Anyone seen these before? I'm assuming they don't effect the tone but if anyone can refute that, I'd like to hear it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 01:42 PM
EKG

I think they came with B/W/B pickguards. I can't get the B/G/B material :-(

The pup thingys are probably Bobbin Toppers from Universal Jems...no affect on the pups ;-)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Eddie,
Really? I find that rather strange seeing as the UV7BK's came with B-G-B, I would assume that the VBK's would come the same way. Did you use to have a VBK with B-W-B?

Anyone else???
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:33 PM

Congrats on your VBK!

The 3rd pic in the gallery here indicates that Eddie is right and that they came with a B/W/B pickguard.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 02:34 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
B/W/B on the JEM777VBK... glen
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Glen,
You again prove that this is YOUR world, we all just live in it...

Salem,
Thanks and good point! If I'd have been thinking, I would have checked the Gallery. I must be getting old...

Excuse me for a second but why the hell would Ibanez put a BWB pickguard on the VBK and a BGB pickguard on the UV7BK? Man, that one has me scratching my head. Ibanez does some strange things but that one is totally off the hook. Oh well, I'm just glad to have one. It was the first Jem I fell in love with and I now finally have one...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Vendor

Probably because they put the same guard on all the Jems then. It's an RG550 guard

Tags
black pickguard , bobbin toppers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode