video of DNA guitar - video of DNA guitar - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

video of DNA guitar - video of DNA guitar

hi guys. *if anyone is interested, i have posted a couple videos of the DNA guitar i had. *just follow the video link off of the main page; www.steverotter.com

i was experimenting with video and it turned out pretty decent....thought i would share it. *let me know what you think. *take care and happy hammer-ons!!!!

(Edited by shredmaster at 1:51 pm on July 10, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 10:12 AM

video of DNA guitar

Didn't I see your DNA on ebay a while ago (#84, right?). I guess this means you held on to it.

Will check out the video as soon as I get my computer decently connected to the net.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 01:23 PM
Vendor

video of DNA guitar

Not only was it on ebay but it sold, Fred bought it. You replied to him that it was stolen. What gives? BTW, he is an avid lurker and reads every post in this forum.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

video of DNA guitar

that's good....let him get upset. *i lost a DNA and the money and i'm still paying on something i don't have! *i'm beyond upset by this. *it's still gone. *just cuz there is a video doesn't mean i have it. *

it's interesting to me that he emails everyone in the world on it but doesn't email anything to me even acknowledging that he received my email.

that vid was shot the day i got it. *if anyone has a problem seeing a vid, then there is a problem. *didn't think this would cause such an issue. *

if the guitar ever does turn up or i find out who took it, i'm not selling it anyway, it's staying with me. *i know he is a collector and i know he sees this site; everyone and anyone who loves jems has seen this site i'm sure. *i'm aware of that....thanks for the fyi. *

sorry if i seem upset; i am; it's driving me nuts with the loss of that DNA! and the thought of someone "lurking" disturbs me more especially when my hands are tied. *that is why i'm done with it. *if for some miracle of God i ever get mine back, or another one is purchased (yeah right) it's mine forever.*

(Edited by shredmaster at 1:59 pm on July 10, 2001)
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 02:52 PM
rvj

video of DNA guitar

Yeah, I kinda thought that Fred bought it. I notice these things since good ol' Fred out-bid me on a nice Universe. I did not know it was stolen though, Bummer! Steve, going to G3 tonight, I'll be there. --ron
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 02:56 PM
Vendor

video of DNA guitar

Trust me, I don't care one way or the other, but you just made about 4 or 5 posts today about your DNA and never mentioned once that it was stolen This is where you want that info posted.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

video of DNA guitar

Rich, you have a really good point. *i thought of posting it here but then again i thought; HOW WOULD THE GUYS HELP ME OUT? *they are in other states. *unless someone saw it in a shop or something, what could you do? *tell the owner of the store....ummmm....that is a friend of mine's guitar and it was taken from him? *
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 03:06 PM
Vendor

video of DNA guitar

But that's what we all do, try to help in any way possible! First, allert Glen so he can add it to the stolen list. Now everybody else here should be on the lookout for any DNA's posted online or off without the edition #, or better yet with the edition #. I'm not saying we can help get it back for you, but nothing ventured is absolutely nothing gained.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 04:14 PM

video of DNA guitar

Steve,

Many of us are looking for DNA's all the time...I'll keep my eyes and ears open for yours. *BTW, I recently met Fred in person and he's probably one of nicest guys I ever met..I find it really hard to believe he didn't respond to your email...he doesn't seem like the type...may want to check to see if his ISP was down or he was on vacation.

To add to Rich's point, please post here when your gear disappears so that the community can try and help recover the instrument (or instruments). *
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 05:13 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
video of DNA guitar

what the heck was stolen and where is it now ...glen
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 05:23 PM

video of DNA guitar

Hey, wait a minute. Let me get this story straight.

The guitar is stolen, it reappears on ebay, Fred buys it but never receives it. I'm sure ebay would be of assistance helping to track down the seller in a case like that.

Or did I get the story wrong...?
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

video of DNA guitar

you have the story wrong; here's the deal......

i posted it on ebay; i'm the original and only owner. *went on vacation for 2 weeks. *before i left, gave it to a friend to take care of for me; pack it up in the box, etc. *i get back; it's gone. *he doesn't know. *there are people in and out of his place all the time. *no report was filed. *i was p'd off and still haven't talked to that friend yet. *so there is nothing to sell and i'm out the money! *maybe i shouldn't have posted this vid thing; causing me too much stress.

fred sounds really nice, never said he wasn't. *i think he's a great guy. *i emailed him to tell him it was gone and i didn't hear from him back; didn't expect to, i don't care anymore. *this is frustrating.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 01:36 AM

video of DNA guitar

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 01:59 AM

video of DNA guitar

Quote:
Quote: from shredmaster on 4:35 pm on July 10, 2001
yada, yada...before i left, gave it to a friend to take care of for me; pack it up in the box, etc. *i get back; it's gone. *he doesn't know. *there are people in and out of his place all the time. *no report was filed. *i was p'd off and still haven't talked to that friend yet. ...yada, yada.
Shouldn't you start by talking to that friend?

[size=-2:a06697a6d8]Reminds me of the A&W commercial. *"Now that's thick headed!"[/size:a06697a6d8]
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 02:09 AM
Vendor

video of DNA guitar

This is GLT Guitar Loss Trauma, I've seen it before. The first thing is a long talk with your friend. Get to the bottom of it. Was it at his house? Find out if he has Insurance (and if he does file a claim!). Second step is to file a police report WITH this friend, after all, you were both robbed. That way they can ask him some pertanent questions. Is it on a credit card? Theft is covered under their protection guarantees. Look at the angles, get to the bottom of it, and try to get a claim somewhere.

Tags
steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode