VWH Knobs - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

VWH Knobs

I just got a VWH, again, and the knobs are gold. I'm wondering what kind of knobs Ibanez uses for these. I know they are white a'la Fender style knobs. But are they the same one Fender uses or are they bigger/smaller? Just wondering because there are no new VWH's here for me to compair. White Fender knobs are easy to get here but I want the ones that Ibanez puts on them at the factory. Thanks for the info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 11:44 AM

I believe it's the same knobs as fender... But I could be wrong!
In fact, 10 years ago, I tried to change my rg450 knobs with some other one (: differents colours, fender ones) and it worked... So...
JS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 01:22 PM

Ibanez uses DiMarzio knobs
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

That's right. I remember that now. Thanks. DiMarzio knobs do have different dimentions than the Fender knobs. A bit larger, if I remember right...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 03:32 PM

I'm not sure about the size, but the Fender knobs have black lettering, and I believe the knobs that come on the VWH have gold lettering. You should be able to order them from DiMarzio.

Fender knobs should fit the pots though, I put some on a JS1 once.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 04:33 PM

I hate stock knobs personally. I always change to the rounded metal ones because you can do volume swells easier. Doesnt the new jem have this type of knob on it? As well as vai changed evos volume knob to a metal one. I just find it easier for volume swells (ala cathedral, some old metallica etc.)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:35 AM

I changed the knobs on my DBK to chrome and the knobs on my VWH to gold. accents the hardware beautifully. I think the plastic makes it look effing cheap. Might as well get richard simmons face inlays on the fretboard if I'm gonna keep them plastic jobbies.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 01:01 AM

i love the white knobs with the gold numbers

Tags
style knobs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode