VWH or VSBL which one to buy? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

VWH or VSBL which one to buy?

Finally, Iīm just about to order a JEM!, just waiting ītil the new trem-model is available. But which one should I get? I really love the look of the VHW, especially the ebony fretboard, but Iīm afraid the gold hardware will wear off too soon. The SBL with its vintage silver hardware would probably keep its shape better in time, but the plain white pickguard looks a bit cheesy, damn, why dinīt they took a perloid one? I donīt mind the 100 bucks extra for the VSBL (but why it is more expensive like the VWH anyway?).
So which one should i take?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 04:47 AM

the whole price difference to me is pretty amusing, because during the whole '02 blowout, i don't believe vWH prices were 'slashed' to 999, but vSBL ones sho' in the hell were

~A
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 06:00 AM

I would go for the VWH, i think they just look nicer. As for the hardware, to me it doesnt matter if the gold fades. I like the look of a used guitar. When i got mine i thaught there was no point wrapping it in cotten wool just let it wear naturally and get the most out of it.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 07:52 AM

The only part that gets wear is hardly noticable from a distance...the whole unit still looks pretty gold.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 09:08 AM

and naturally, if you can't stand the gold wear, you can always replace the trem down the line.

I know where you can get them....

www.ibanezrules.com

Go with the 7vwh. Just bought one. Is THE best guitar i've ever played, bar-none.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 09:14 AM

I play the hell out of mine (7VWH) and never does the gold wear. Just a matter of where you rest your hand, and how much you sweat and wipe it down. It looks beautiful : D
I don't like the look of the blue vine on the rosewood look... the ebony board is so much smoother... <<drool>>
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 04:40 PM

Get the VWH. The older they get, the better they look. I've got a 94 VWH and the trem is worn pretty significantly, saddles only though and those are easily replaced. But it works fine and seems as if it is just now getting good, like a pair of old levy's.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 05:03 PM

I dunno. Blondes or Brunettes. Personal preference I guess. I have a VSBL now and have owned a VWH (GIVE IT BACK RICH ). Both great guitars but my nod goes to the VWH - the ebony board takes it over rosewood.
Now as for redheads ,well my friend that's another story.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2003, 08:32 AM

I am a fan of the VSBL myself. IF your only worry is the gold hardware ..... Don't

1 - Take care of it and t will be fine
2 - if it fades you can replace it with gold or non gold.

So if you like the overall look of the WH go for that. If you like teh overall look of the BL then go for taht. on the BL you can replace the pickguard also.

I like the muted inlay myself personal preference most don't. Just decide your preference.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2003, 01:23 PM

If I were you, I would go check out the guitars in person to get a true view of the colours, the internet photos are crap :P
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2003, 04:21 PM

Reviews: 1
if i were you, I'd PLAY the guitar if you havent already, nevermind the color. I almost got sucked into that 999 vsbl internet deal. fortunately I had the oportunity to play a vwh at guitar center. Man, was that one bright guitar! Every material on that guitar just says bright all over it including the evo pickups. Its definately not a guitar that is very amp friendly and I would recommend it for use with only mesas or carvins.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2003, 05:44 PM

my vsbl sounds MUCH different than the vwh so, looks aside, I'd recommend choosing the sound you like between the two & to hell with the aethetics - they both have their own "eye candy" atrributes...
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 09:41 AM

I own both models and love them for what they are....JEMS!!!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 04:12 PM

if it was down to looks i'd go for the VSBL, i'm not overly keen on the 'whiteness' of the VWH. Not to say i don't like them of course........
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 04:36 PM

I just love the hardware on the vsbl, and blue is probably my favorite colour.

Tags
bobbin toppers , ebony board , ebony fretboard , evo pickups , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode