Want a DNA?? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Vendor

Re: Want a DNA??

Smart money? LOL It's smart money that will only do one thing, loose money?

Like I worried about it cutting into sales?! LOL PUHLEASE!! If I have 2 real ones a year anymore I'll feel lucky.

I hate copies because of what they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezking View Post

I think that's a pretty awesome looking swirl.
post #33 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs down Re: Want a DNA??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS View Post
$8k for that nasty DNA? Just shows ya people are just paying stupid money for the object alone and not looks. Ibanez could sell a limited number of JEMs paint baby crap brown and it would price high. Same crap (pun) diffrent color.

The people that will buy ibanezking's DNA's are the smart money minded ones who are going TO PLAY the damn thing not just wipe a real one with a dyper.
Nasty DNA...?!? you wish you had something like that!
What people pay and what market value is for those guitars is not for discussion at this time and therefore irrelevant. Baby crap brown sounds like a color you would have in your collection so chill with your smart a$$ remarks.

If people want to buy those replicas the more power to them but trying to advertize them as Ibanez DNA's when Herc's swirls are mediocre at best is what is lame and the reason why Rich or anybody who collects or knows about "REAL" quality swirls hates them!!!
post #34 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
What fee do i pay for these remarks? LOL

Max
post #35 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:39 PM

I like it a lot, how much was it to put together?
post #36 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:42 PM

I like this DNA

I got 25 cents to add.

I get it Darren was the 1st YAY!! He's done great work YAY!!!
Herc is a rival YAY!! Again Great work YAY!!

Herc has a more cleaner approach YAY!!
Darren has a more organic approach YAY!!

Let me sum this up nicely.

WHO GIVES A [email protected]#$!!!

Apples, Oranges, Mango, Pears and whip cream.
Choose your swirl wisely that suits you.
And choose the guitar that suits you as well even it is worth a $1.00 or $5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00

Do whats right for you.
post #37 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Obviously you have no taste in swirls. The DNA would top $8k, easy.
Oh do get off your high horse, Rich.

Quality is certainly something that is demonstrable, but taste cannot be measured by someones personal preferences. In fact, in this case, taste is not a demonstrable matter at all.

You are using your position as a huge dealer of these to adopt a very condescending attitude.
post #38 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:44 PM
HDS

Guitars are made to be played. DNA and other models like them that are purposely short runned for them collector types. Guitars were never meant to go up in value. I think things that are made to force value should be discarded in value. You have a company playing people and controlling the market.

Before it was about playability and looks now it’s whether or not the paint was only used in a numbered run? =p’’’; boooo!
to say “Damn that was a sick guitar you were playing.”
post #39 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
I think that's a pretty awesome looking swirl.
Thank you.....
Next time i go over to Phily, i'll bob in and tell Herc he needs to put plenty of drips and runs and air bubbles and use bland looking paint in his swirls to make them more Authentic!!!

These are going to be going out at about £1600 - £1700 complete

So if you've not got a spare $8k lying around for a real one

Give me shout

I think some people are trying to liken my DNA copies to Chibanez's - but thats so far off the mark.....

Max
post #40 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Oh do get off your high horse, Rich.

Quality is certainly something that is demonstrable, but taste cannot be measured by someones personal preferences. In fact, in this case, taste is not a demonstrable matter at all.

You are using your position as a huge dealer of these to adopt a very condescending attitude.
Blow it out yer pie hole. I'm not using anything but 10 years of experience dealling with well over 100 original ATD's, MKR's, and a smattering of Herc's, and have seen 100's of pictures of Hercs too. I've seen plenty of GREAT Herc swirls [take Glens Abalone swirl, Adam has some sweet Hercs, etc.] but the guy is pulling one swirl, wiping it down, reswiling it until he gets what he wants. And still, they lack.

You're doing a COPY of a swirl done by ATD, and you expect there to be no comparrison like this?!
post #41 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
HDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
Nasty DNA...?!? you wish you had something like that!
What people pay and what market value is for those guitars is not for discussion at this time and therefore irrelevant. Baby crap brown sounds like a color you would have in your collection so chill with your smart a$$ remarks.

If people want to buy those replicas the more power to them but trying to advertize them as Ibanez DNA's when Herc's swirls are mediocre at best is what is lame and the reason why Rich or anybody who collects or knows about "REAL" quality swirls hates them!!!
LOL, Dude you dont know what I can afford so back at ya. I wouldnt pick that swirl even so, it isnt a good one. PLUS being I know how to swirl I would never pay that kinda money on something I can do myself. I am the swirl tute guy, ya know, the one who killed Santa as LGM said to me in a pm way back then.

I could get one but why? When I wanted a JEM DY I didnt get an mint one like some prude a$$, nope I saved an beater that I fixed and gave new life. I used my hands and became part of that guitar. SO go back to stroking your dust collectors.
post #42 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:56 PM

Herc's

Orig. #119 (Hope WMerkert doesn't mind)

Orig. #268

Let us know when Herc gets his DNA knockoffs looking like these..... I guess you won't like these ones either??

I can see doing a swirl for gigging and have seen a few of Herc's swirls that I really liked. But to knockoff a DNA or a PAW.... well Id think you'd want to study the originals very closely and try to duplicate at least some of the ATD complexity.

Besides.... I think the real appeal to swirls is choosing the color scheme to suite your own personal tastes. Not to mention the beauty of each DNA is in the eye of the beholder! Pretty subjective..... I mean some of Darrens work isn't that great either.... so I guess like most swirls, it can be hit or miss.....

Last edited by jemplayer55; 07-23-2007 at 05:13 PM.
post #43 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Smart money? LOL It's smart money that will only do one thing, loose money?

Like I worried about it cutting into sales?! LOL PUHLEASE!! If I have 2 real ones a year anymore I'll feel lucky.

I hate copies because of what they are.

Smart money is not paying 8k for a guitar. Some people are not fortunate enough to easily just drop that much for a guitar.
post #44 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Vendor

Smart money pays $8k for a guitar that is apreciating! Even if you can't play it, if you like to own it, it's making money. You want an invenstment, pick a stock. You want a great guitar, invest in a good one. And you CAN play it, just don't abuse it.

$3400, worth $2400 [maybe] tomorrow. There's smart money.......
post #45 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Want a DNA??

Quote:
Thank you.....
Next time i go over to Phily, i'll bob in and tell Herc he needs to put plenty of drips and runs and air bubbles and use bland looking paint in his swirls to make them more Authentic!!!

These are going to be going out at about £1600 - £1700 complete

So if you've not got a spare $8k lying around for a real one

Give me shout

I think some people are trying to liken my DNA copies to Chibanez's - but thats so far off the mark.....

Max
1600 - 1700 pounds!!! for a mediocre copy!!! dude you are in lala land!
those things never bring more than $600 to $1,000 on the bay or anywhere else I have seen them. (Hey HDS talk about smart minded money ones ) a DNA copy just sold here for $900 and it had a prestige neck on it and the swirl was 10 times better than the one you showed in this thread! those prices are ridiculous! and they are definitely not an affordable choice for the player (That is what real Ibanez go for in the UK) so let me get this straight, you justify charging so much for your stuff because the real ones go for $8,000 I thought you said they were overpriced?!? or is it that they are overpriced when it suits you but when it comes to selling your knock offs you change your views to say: why pay $8,000 when you can pay 1,700 for my knock offs!!

Tags
alder body , atd swirl , atd swirls , body shape , charvel evh , charvel evh art , charvel evh art series , chris woods , clear coat , cliplock strap , cosmo hardware , custom guitar , custom jem , custom shop , custom swirl , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dna swirl , double neck , edge trem , evh art series , fede swirl , fixed bridge , gotoh tuners , headstock shape , herc fede , herc fede swirl , herc swirl , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jem conversion , jem dna , killer guitar , maple neck , martin sims , music store , pro edge , richard fay , steve vai , strap button , strap buttons , swirl jem , swirled body , upper fret

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in