Want a DNA?? - Page 7 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:05 PM

Re: Want a DNA??

I love 119, its my current wallpaper. Most other DNAs are fugly as hell though, I would definitely prefer a herc swirl over the majority of them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:07 PM

I would pay through the nose for that guitar....
post #93 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood42 View Post

I love 119, its my current wallpaper. Most other DNAs are fugly as hell though, I would definitely prefer a herc swirl over the majority of them
That truly is by far the most gorgeous one I've ever seen! It's a masterpiece!
post #94 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
Hi Max,

I never mentioned or implied anything about your work, I merely critiqued Herc's swirls which are very far away from the real deal! (specially the DNA)granted I have seen a couple swirls in your gallery that were good but other than that I am not a fan at all. I'd never compare your replicas to chibanez that is something you conjured up! I'm sure that the guitars are well crafted but that is not what I was discussing.

I do not mean to offend you mate I am just stating my opinion and arguing the subject!

Oliver
Good reply, Olie. You have to realize that when you shoot off like you do in your posts, you come off in a very belligerent and obnoxious manner. Nice to see you clarify your argument with this post.
jemboyee is online  
post #95 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative View Post
That truly is by far the most gorgeous one I've ever seen! It's a masterpiece!

There are several in the same vein that are just as good if not a hair better [more in the upper horn] and I'm still trying to buy any of them.
post #96 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:18 PM

Reviews: 10
Talking Re: Want a DNA??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Clearly, as is evident from all your posts, you're either not very sharp, or not very clever, and are only capable of viewing things ONE way.

You cannot say that that was an attempt to justify the price. I was bringing it down from extreme absurdity to regular overpricing

What....?
You are quite amusing!!! are we having fun yet?!? Are we going to continue getting into it in every thread we meet? Do let me know please 'cause I'm just getting warmed up kid!
post #97 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There are several in the same vein that are just as good if not a hair better [more in the upper horn] and I'm still trying to buy any of them.
Wow! I'd love to see them! If you ever acquire one I hope you'll post lots of juicy pics so we can all drool.
post #98 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Vendor

Standard gallery shots only, I don't show any favoratism
post #99 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:26 PM

Smile Re: Want a DNA??

Quote:
Standard gallery shots only, I don't show any favoratism
lol ..
post #100 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Which numbers?
post #101 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:39 PM

Reviews: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Which is why Americans don't buy high end guitars from us.

So it's a moot point to talk about it like that - it's priced for the UK market.

It is???? Who's willing to pay 1700 quid for a copy in the UK?

The fact that it's built over there and shipped to the US doesn't bother me at all, even considering the custom tax. It's the 1700 quid to start with.
post #102 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:44 PM

Here's my opinion, this thread is rubbish.

Why start a thread if you don't want opinions?

lol

Anyway, I would gladly purchase one of those copies...if it had a fixed bridge, didn't pretend to be a DNA, and if it cost AUS$700
post #103 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood42 View Post
Which numbers?

Not a chance pal
post #104 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:59 PM

Orig. #268

I like this one because of it's complexity..... it goes from that "chaos" look to the "nebula" look at the bottom. Not everyone's cup-o-tea though. Like the "lizard" DNA's..... while I can appreciate the complexity I think they are fugly.... Rich likes them though, I think.

I still say if you think the Herc swirl looks like a DNA, go look at Rich's site...... they are like night and day! Rich has probabally had his hands on more DNA's than anyone except Darren and a few factory workers!
post #105 of 358 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Vendor

^^^ Bought from the UK

Me, and JD who personally checked in 80 by himself

Tags
alder body , atd swirl , atd swirls , body shape , charvel evh , charvel evh art , charvel evh art series , chris woods , clear coat , cliplock strap , cosmo hardware , custom guitar , custom jem , custom shop , custom swirl , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dna swirl , double neck , edge trem , evh art series , fede swirl , fixed bridge , gotoh tuners , headstock shape , herc fede , herc fede swirl , herc swirl , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jem conversion , jem dna , killer guitar , maple neck , martin sims , music store , pro edge , richard fay , steve vai , strap button , strap buttons , swirl jem , swirled body , upper fret

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in