Want to replace my old Low-Pro Edge trem - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Want to replace my old Low-Pro Edge trem

I want to replace the old Lo-Pro Edge tremolo on my JS1000 by the new Edge-Pro double-locking tremolo. Are they available as spare parts (nothing related on the Ibanez official website)

Karim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 08:08 AM

the edge pro has a different routing so i don't think you can drop it in as it is, there is very little difference in feel between both so unless you're having problems with the old bridge, leave it as it is
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Vendor

Not interchangable. The saddle inserts on the EP force the routing back about 3mm+ making it unintonateable if you tried mounting it on LP stud location.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

What's the Lo-Pro Edge JS Special ?

So Lo-Pro Edge tremolo and the new Edge-Pro double-locking tremolo are not switchable... no luck.

Another question regarding Edge and Lo-Pro Edge trems which are switchable :

What is the difference between the Lo-Pro Edge "JS special"
http://www.ibanez.com/parts/default....2LE1JS37K.html

and the standard Lo-Pro Edge tremolo ?
http://www.ibanez.com/parts/default....s/2LE1R31.html
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 04:25 AM

js lo pros come with the radius shims i believe to match the bridge radius to the js neck radius. i don't think there is any difference otherwise
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 07:26 AM

Compared to the "standard" Lo-Pro, it seems to have a longer block which is 37mm (is this the "S" block?).
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Vendor

I think the 37 is the H block, S block should be 34, the HS is 31. A JS should have an HS block on it, and near all of them do. I consider anything else a mistake
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
A JS should have an HS block on it, and near all of them do. I consider anything else a mistake
So the reason for the punched back plates on some JS's (see my other thread) might be that Ibanez ran out of HS blocks, installed longer ones and made a hole in the plate to retain pull-up capability.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Vendor

The hole is just "standard" on 92' and 93' models [yes even the ones with the correct block]

Tags
edge trem , edge trems , locking tremolo , neck radius , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro edge trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode