Wanted!!! Pictures of JEM DNA Y2K fingerboard - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Wanted!!! Pictures of JEM DNA Y2K fingerboard

Hi there everybody. I am a new member and more of relevance, very new to the world of Ibanez.

I am looking for decent pictures of the inlay on the fingerboard of a JEM DNA Y2K. I have been trawling the internet including this site, however I have not found one which shows the full detail, even if it is in sections.

I am at present building my very first project guitar from genuine Ibanez components, whilst I am not actually trying to make a true replica of a DNA model I would like to see pictures of the entire inlay in detail in order that I can get some of my own ideas flowing with a DNA themed idea.

To illustrate the point, the project so far is as follows. The body that I have already had prepared is from a RG570 with an AANJ, and has been DNA type swirled overhere in the UK. I have fitted it with Cosmo Black Hardware i.e. Edge Lo Pro, The Volume and Control Knobs and also the pick up rings. The pickups themselves are not in the true Y2K colour combination, DiMarzio Evo2 Bridge (Black/Green), ISCV2 middle (Black) and EVO Neck (Reverse Zebra Red/Black) and wired through a VLX91 5 way switch. The neck I have got is an ARG570 from around 2000 with a Bubinga Stripe. I am having the fingerboard replaced with an oiled Birds Eye Maple one and want to then create a Y2K style theme inlay on the fingerboard hence the request for some good pictures. I will probably go for Red on the Upper Helix, Green on the Lower one in a Mirror Acrylic and using Black Tahiti Mother of Pearl for the dots. The hardware here is going to be in Cosmo Black and the Headstock is going to have a matching swirled face. I have not even put the thing together just to see how it may play and sound yet. I want to surprise myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 05:42 AM

Re: Wanted!!! Pictures of JEM DNA Y2K fingerboard

post things you want in the "classifieds"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:34 AM

He's not buying or selling anything. Anyway, sounds like a sweet project. You should post pics of the progress as you go.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:52 AM

I found this one: http://www.guitars.net.au/guitars/v/jemdna/

Last edited by jemuniverse777; 08-17-2006 at 06:58 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 AM

sent

Jaden
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420 View Post
He's not buying or selling anything. Anyway, sounds like a sweet project. You should post pics of the progress as you go.
I will gladly post pictures of the completed project as it is nearly there now. The body itself is ready for its marriage to the neck when it completed. Then the lovely job of setting it up. I do have the necessary Edge Adjust tools for the intonation. It will be at least another month from now.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemuniverse777 View Post
Great link, many thanks for that. I can see that I am going to have more than enough to go by.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: Wanted!!! Pictures of JEM DNA Y2K fingerboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisshredding View Post
sent

Jaden
Jaden, you are a gentleman. Many thanks for your opinions and advice.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 01:48 PM

cool, really looking forward to seeing your project !

Jaden
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 08:05 AM

Wink Re: Wanted!!! Pictures of JEM DNA Y2K fingerboard

Here's the fingerboard in the dark.
http://www.ibanezregister.com/images...DNA-strang.jpg

Tags
control knobs , cosmo black hardware , dimarzio evo , jem dna

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode