Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Weird pickup thing. Is it normal?

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  peromucho7 
#1 ·
Hello!! I bought this guitar jem bfp a few months ago and didn't realize that this plastic thingy from the pickup raising up could not be normal. Is it? Also, if I raise the pickup itself, it tens to raise only from one side instead of raising even.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It is normal,
If we think to same thingy, it is screw that can go in or out and its purpose is to even string to string output.
If one string is too loud or too quiet you can adjusted output with that screw. Some pickups have one or both coils with non adjusting thingies like your midle pickup.

Answer to other question is that pickup cable can sometimes pull pickup down or push up. So make shure that pickup cable is free to move with pickup by opening back cover.

#15 ·
Finally did what you told me. The pickups springs and at least two pole-pieces where smashing the cables. That's why I couldn't lower them. I e-mail ibanez about it like three weeks ago but never got an answer. Should I worry?

I moved the cable and also put a bit of foam.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.