What exactly is the problem with "Clean bout contours" on the JS1200s? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

What exactly is the problem with "Clean bout contours" on the JS1200s?

Quote from Rich's website "It's been tough getting 1200's with clean bout contours this year. I have no idea why and I've notified the right person, but they continue. This one is a little flat on the bottom half of the upper bout, hopefully you can see it in the pics"

Has anyone else on here seen this, what exactly does it mean - are they not finished evenly with a smooth contour or something? I cant see anything to indicate the fault on the pics on the ibanezrules.com site.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/us...9/MVC-001F.JPG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 10:14 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: What exactly is the problem with "Clean bout contours" on the JS1200s?

Rich has a very demanding eye for the guitars he sells because he wants his customers to be happy with their purchase. With that being said, the design of the JS is quite intricate in that it has numerous curves and I'm assuming that the bodies can't be cut perfectly every single time, hence the issues pointed out.

Jimmy
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
I'm assuming that the bodies can't be cut perfectly every single time
If these were handmade, I would say yes, this is true, but with everything being CNC'd, I would expect every body to be identical, at least to the eye, especially on guitars that expensive.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 02:38 AM
Vendor

I don't know what's the cause, if it's oversanding, poor sanding, whatever. Unfortunately they'll look fine in "store" light but as soon as I get them home under "real" light, they're there. Some of them you can only see from certain angles, either way the flaw gets listed and discounted. As you can see that camera doesn't do very well with red close up, but they'd be hard to get pics of anyway, they're hard enough to see. I'm just covering all the basses so the pickiest of customers has nothing to complain about.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Oh I see, thanks, is it like a flat spot on the edge of the curve? How are the 2007 build neck pockets doing compared to previous years (which seemed to be either too tight or way too slack!

Tags
neck pockets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode