what forum on Jemsite can give me a valuation of my Jem ?? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

what forum on Jemsite can give me a valuation of my Jem ??

howdy

am thinking of selling and gettin something new, but i am not sure what forum i can use on here to get peoples opinion of how much my gee-tar is worth, and since this is "Jem and Universe Guitars" it seemed like a good place to ask !!

mods ... please direct me. Can i ask here, or where ??

many thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 02:43 PM

well, start by telling us the model and condition, anyone here should be able to help you, the Jemsite pricing guide is a decent place to start too.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 03:23 PM

here is fine but please dont turn the thread into an advert or an auction

Thanks

For pricing check here
http://www.ibanezrules.com/used.htm

and here
http://www.ibanezrules.com/used_sold.htm

and of course as LGm suggested...here
http://jemsite.com/ads/price.htm
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

thanx for your kind replies.

Its a White Jem Jnr (ok its a 555 ) from Jun 97 (or is it 96?) in fabulous condition. completley refitted with gold hardware, including, scratchplate screws, string tree, lock nut, pickup height adjusting screws, i mean the whole lot, even the pickup polepieces, and has been fitted with a gold OFR, and extras, such as pearloid truss road cover etc.

i know our American cousins will be doing this , but in the UK its a little different its quite a looker, well as nice as a Jnr can look. Not looking for starting an auction or anything, just some idea as to what it might be worth....or not worth !! only please

many thanx
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 04:54 PM

at the end of the day, any guitar is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. having said that, in the UK i would guess at 400-500 for the 555. I'm not too sure of that, as it's been it re-fitted with all the extra hardware. Don't pay anymore than around 600 as for that kind of money you should be looking at a second hand JEM7.

Tags
lock nut , pickup height , string tree

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode