What Guitar is it??? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
What Guitar is it???

Anybody here knows what the guitar did Joe use for the Satch Boogie MTV way back when? You know the white one. How much is it today. any comments on it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 PM

Re: What Guitar is it???

I read in an article in an old Guitar World magazine that it was a really ****ty overpriced Kramer that he got from a sale at a Guitar Center. I can't remember the model, but apparently it's still in production and you can get it for i think around 200$ now.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:09 PM

I thought it was a 540P.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst6 View Post
I thought it was a 540P.
Yes, it is a 540P:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/...=156&year=1988
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replys... Any comments on it for the users? Any equivalent models presently... Any reissues or compared to Js1000 whats the verdict.. I need the feel of the guitar not the specs or no.s. How come its not popular or mentioned anymore.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 01:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq0mni1_LVw

That is the video you are talking about right?

I read in an interview once where Joe said he never actually played the 540P, and the picture on Not of This Earth were just promo shots that got too much attention.

It definitely looks like he is playing one in the video though
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:09 AM

how cool everything...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebisatch View Post
Any comments on it for the users? Any equivalent models presently... Any reissues or compared to Js1000 whats the verdict.. I need the feel of the guitar not the specs or no.s.
i own 3 540Ps, and as far as i can tell, the feel is pretty much like on a RG550 as they both sport the same neck (Wizard) and the same string spacing (43mm nut). it is a lightweight guitar, very handy, comfortable and playable. i prefer it over any RG/JEM whatever.

Quote:
...compared to Js1000 whats the verdict...
well, less bluesy and a crispier sound overall, and a typical fast-and-wide neck playability. also i think it's got more attack and volume than an RG (i mean not plugged).

Quote:
...How come its not popular or mentioned anymore.
i'd like to know that too...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
i own 3 540Ps, and as far as i can tell, the feel is pretty much like on a RG550 as they both sport the same neck (Wizard) and the same string spacing (43mm nut). it is a lightweight guitar, very handy, comfortable and playable. i prefer it over any RG/JEM whatever.

well, less bluesy and a crispier sound overall, and a typical fast-and-wide neck playability. also i think it's got more attack and volume than an RG (i mean not plugged).

i'd like to know that too...
+1000 for you Nuno!

Thanks for that. But I wanna have one... Could the 550's enough to cut it? I tried 540Ps before and I cant forget the experience. Im obsess. How about a prestige any similarities?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
How about a prestige any similarities?
IMO, RG Prestiges feel way more sturdy and "thick", even if they share the same neck thickness. the 540P, along with the pre-Prestige RGs, feel more natural, slicker, and vibrate a lot more. also, the frets on the 540P are smaller than the Prestiges, not as much as JS's. hope this helps
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Thanks but Im looking at atleast the same feel of the guitar. Any ibanez model that I could get, So the prestige is out of the question not the same as the 540P. Hmm. Headache. At lease the closest... What about the 540r. I dont know... Any suggestions?

Last edited by bebisatch; 10-12-2009 at 11:06 AM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowshirtguy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq0mni1_LVw

That is the video you are talking about right?

I read in an interview once where Joe said he never actually played the 540P, and the picture on Not of This Earth were just promo shots that got too much attention.

It definitely looks like he is playing one in the video though
Satch tapes has one that he's using the 540P. I visited Kramers forum and from what I know. Joe is a big fan... He used kramers for the recording of Not of this earth and Surfing.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 AM

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvAoU...eature=related
This is an interview with Joe, talking about the specific guitar.
(He doesn't actually give the direct model name, just"Kramer Pacer".

Tags
boogie guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode