What happened to me today was a UV777GR - ...and it was love - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

What happened to me today was a UV777GR - ...and it was love

Well, I trucked off to Montreal today and bought my USA Custom Exotic Wood with Lacewood top in Trans. Red. After buying the guitar I asked if there were any good used gear shops in the neighbourhood, and the former owner of the Custom directs me to one about a mile away... I trek over there and am admiring some guitars on the wall. The owner asks me if I want to try out a PGM30 I'm looking at and I tell him I'm not really interested in the Korean stuff, so he tells me to hold on and heads to the back room for a minute. When he comes back he opens a UV case and whats inside but a well played (and well cared for) UV777GR - the first one I've seen in real life! Right away I see that the neck is discolored from use, but the frets are clean and there's really no dings or excessive wear, so I pull it out of the case and sit down to play it thinking that I'll just noodle a minute for fun and hand it back.... WRONG! This guitar felt wonderful! The neck was just fantastic! I've never, ever played a seven string that felt comfortable to my hands before, but this guitar changed all that in a moment... I asked him what he wanted for it and he said $1500 + taxes... I ended up taking it home for $1350CDN (about $900US) all in * Now I just have to figure out what to do with the seventh string!

Oh yea, I picked up a Matchless Hot Box in MINT condition there too for about $340US

I'm lucky I have a very patient spouse (who's also a musician) ...but I know I'm going to be on gear-buying probation for the next six months tho' <sigh>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 04:07 PM

What happened to me today was a UV777GR

Jimi, WAY TO GO!!! My UV777GR is my pride and joy. I still feel that way after all these years. *It has a different feel and sound than the others--it is truly the king of 7s! Congrats man....Best of luck on your Sonic journeys
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 04:50 PM

Post some pictures!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 10:56 PM

I know EXACTLY what you can do with it, send it to me!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 06:16 AM

Be sure to take good care of your newly found treasure! Great story by the way!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys! Nothing personal Andy, but I won't be sending this one anywhere soon! *And I'll try and get some pics of all three guitars up right after Xmas, jeffrey...

As an aside, anyone know how to get permanent marker off a guitar's finish? There's a mostly-worn-off signature here that I'd like to clean off entirely - don't know who's autograph it is but I'm pretty sure it's not Steve's :-)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2001, 05:02 PM

In late on this one

As far as removing marker, I found years ago that hair spray removes most types of ink from furniture and carpet. Ill bet it would work fine on a guitar as well. After that regular glass cleaner will remove the hair spray.

Tags
custom exotic wood , usa custom exotic wood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode