What kindo Jem this is? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 04:56 PM

Re: What kindo Jem this is?

Well I am older than 25 (quite a bit actually ) Which means I was already driving better cars than Civics and Golfs in the 80s

You can see what I drive in the 'what do you drive' car-topic.

BTW you posted the exact same Clio that I posted originally, so what is your point exactly? Whether you're 18, 27 or72 you drive what you need and what your wallet allows you to drive. That's still no reason to judge someone, or to slag off someone in the way that you and Lefty did, regardless of what your girl drives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:05 PM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
at the Clio.
At 27 he shouldn't really be that proud of it.
Too funny.
if you think that's harsh - fair enough.
I still think it's funny.

I mean he made a video and edited it and it's the main thing on his Myspace site............
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Rab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
I said now he his, not before. Clearly he isn't doing jack ****, even though he had great potental (if not one of the best potentials with Vai as a friend) to be the next Vai, Gilbert, etc..now hes making amature videos about his car, woohoo. He's not even a Favored Nations artist.
I tottaly agree. To tell you the truth i was surprised to see him without a major project for a person that was a prodigy and worked with Steve Vai.
Clearly something dramatic happened to let go of music like that. If not, what a waist of talent.

Regards
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Rab

Quote:
I mean he made a video and edited it and it's the main thing on his Myspace site............
Exactly...Shouldnt been a video of him playing a nice Ibanez with a hellish tune that he composed?
Nothing wrong with posting a video of your car and having fun with it etc...but still....

Regards
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Out of curiosity, are you older than 25?
By a whole decade
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:

I didn't slag the Clio off, I slagged the 27 year old who thinks he's the bees knees because he has a Clio and who is proud enough to make a youtube video about it.

I don't know, to me boasting about a Clio at 27 is a little sad, even if it is the fast one.
Had it been a Golf GTI, a Honda Civic Type R, a Mini Cooper or an Audi A3 - then I can kind'a see how a 27 year old will be excited enough to make a youtube video.
The Clio thing is really a 17-21/22 year old thing.
Lord, the kid's bought himself a fairly nice car and is proud of it, and all you can do is slag his pride off. There are 40+ year olds on this site who rave about their RG550s on here and video themself playing because they're proud of what they've acheived. Many of them probably hold rather influential job positions and own top cars, but they still rave about their 550 and their playing even though there are many here who are half the age, play twice as well and own a JEM or PRS. Just because the 550 and their (what may or may not be) mediocre skills is not their life's crowning acheivement, and many other people have better, does not mean it's 'sad' to be proud. Here, I've rewritten your sentence in a way that will hopefully strike home. To apply your reasoning and quote you exactly, with some modification of subject:

""Had it been a [JEM], a [PRS], a [Suhr] or a [Gibson Les Paul], then I can see how a [40] year old will be excited enough to make a youtube video. The [shred] thing is really a 17-21/22 year old thing""

If I made this statement, I'd get flamed immensely.
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
Well I am older than 25 (quite a bit actually ) Which means I was already driving better cars than Civics and Golfs in the 80s

You can see what I drive in the 'what do you drive' car-topic.

BTW you posted the exact same Clio that I posted originally, so what is your point exactly? Whether you're 18, 27 or72 you drive what you need and what your wallet allows you to drive. That's still no reason to judge someone, or to slag off someone in the way that you and Lefty did, regardless of what your girl drives.
I wasn't judging anyone, he's a nobody now, just like the rest of us. He had one of the best chances anyone could have ever had to be famous, and failed on that part. Childhood obsessions more often than not lead to life long obsessions, which is why I'm really surpised he gave it all up.

And the prices on these cars is just flat out retarded, no wonder why the US has some of the worse public transportation systems in the world, we have all the cheap cars and don't need it!. I also don't think I would ever drive a Clio just on its namesake, a little to close to Clit
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:54 AM

Ah... The color of envy...

I would be more than happy to make a video of my Honda Civic 1986. But I haven't got a camera. Someone here seem to be a tad materialistic.

BTW. Great post DannyMills.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nienturi View Post
I share your suspect, actually. By the way, picture in catalog is not enough to realize&decide. I wish it would have little bit more directly appearance, so that we could have an idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9geCxOTx6E

At about 2:30-2:45 there's a direct close-up video shot of him playing the guitar in question, complete with monkey grip.

Hope this helps!
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I wasn't judging anyone, he's a nobody now, just like the rest of us. He had one of the best chances anyone could have ever had to be famous, and failed on that part.
Hi Lefty, don't mean to contradict but who says the guy has failed? I was knocking on the door of the music industry a few years back but totally grew out of it...my priorities changed, hope people don't brand me a loser...
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I wasn't judging anyone, he's a nobody now, just like the rest of us.
Speak for yourself when calling people "nobodys". Your low self esteem and insecurity screams throughout this whole thread.
Quote:
He had one of the best chances anyone could have ever had to be famous, and failed on that part.
Who said he failed at anything? Like Chimp said, perhaps he lost interest and his goals and priorities have changed. Damn, dude... just quit responding to this thread.
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:10 PM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Lord, the kid's bought himself a fairly nice car and is proud of it, and all you can do is slag his pride off.
It must be just me then.
I don't personally know anyone who would consider having a Clio an accomplishment so great to deserve it's own edited video taking a prominent space on their "check me out" website.
It's not that the car is not great or that I don't think 27 year olds should drive a Clio or anything....it's more the fact that he's showcasing it as if he's got a bloody Porsche or something.
Among my mates this specific behavior is known as "pikey".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
""Had it been a [JEM], a [PRS], a [Suhr] or a [Gibson Les Paul], then I can see how a [40] year old will be excited enough to make a youtube video. The [shred] thing is really a 17-21/22 year old thing""
Guitars are different however I do stay away from the "Multimedia:Upload Pictures and Sounds" part of the forum as the vast majority of people posting there are so deluded in their own ability - it's like watching a "The worst of X Factor" episode.

I'll try and use a bike analogy.
Tom's made a video of him riding a Kawasaki 500cc as if he's got a Fireblade or a Ducati 996.
Everyone who's into bikes and has a better bike will just go "what a twat".
That's about it.
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 10:00 PM
DJR

just stumbled across this thread via a random google search, not even related to McRocklin or Jemsite! but the photo with the red marker around McRocklin's custom Jem caught my eye so I thought I'd click on through. Since no one has mentioned what it is yet, thought I might throw some light on it (incase any of you guys are still interested or even still alive lol) - it was a custom build, obviously, but I'm pretty sure it was just a stock jem body, RG550R neck (originally). What I do know for certain is that the finish was a custom airbrush job by Koos Turenhout who was working for Ibanez UK (FCN) at the time. Koos showed me the body not long after finishing it. Up close it had a Stone/Rock effect airbrush finish and what you can't see so clearly in most photos that I've seen of it since is the 3d effect "McRocklin" wording airbrushed across the body above the trem.

As for Clios, don't know and really don't care much for french cars, especially kiddie racer ones

2006 - 2015...
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 01:41 AM

Reviews: 4

I've got a Shelby GT 500, but I'm not making videos about it. Its just a car, true its a kick ass 550 horsepower car, but still just a car.
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 05:28 PM

JEMs are way too overrated and expensive for what they are.

Tags
gibson les paul , guitar playing , ibanez catalog , ibanez jem , les paul , monkey grip , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode