what model of guitar / amp / effects do you play? - Page 5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 12:40 AM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 12:52 AM

just a quick question to Andelusion. How come you have the output of your DS1 plugged into the output of your Morley Wah?
post #63 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsharp777
Main guitars (with EMG pickups):
Wo0t @ your lead singer. She looks hot:

BTW, does it feel weird with your bass player having more strings than you do?
post #64 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojem
just a quick question to Andelusion. How come you have the output of your DS1 plugged into the output of your Morley Wah?

This is tooooo much hahahahahah LOL
post #65 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 03:03 PM

Guitar:

Ibanez UV777BK
Ibanez RG550
2 Peavey Wolfgangs - one US made, the other Korean

Amp:

Crate Blue Voodoo BV120H
Peavey - 4x12 cab with Celestions

Effects:
None
post #66 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehYam

Wo0t @ your lead singer. She looks hot:

BTW, does it feel weird with your bass player having more strings than you do?
Yeah, she's hot...and she's all mine. Together for 2 years.

We just got our bassist last month & that was his first show with us. Regarding your question, time will tell on that one. As of now, it feels normal to me.
post #67 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 12:00 AM

heres my pics
[/img]

[/img]
post #68 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 02:40 AM

Reviews: 3
-3 Ibanez RG 550's w' various DiMarzios (1 for drop D)
-2 Ibanez RG 7420's stock

-AKG Guitar Bug Wireless

-Boss GT6

-Nady 1100 watt power amp

-Custom Sonic cab w/ 4 350 watt EV speakers

That's it!!!

Oh & my vinyl pants....do those factor into my tone too?

I have some pics up on my site http://www.chrismalone.fanspace.com/photo2.html
post #69 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezial
heres my pics
Hey Bezial, Don't you think it's a pity to plug those beauties in a Valvestate?

IMHO I'd go to buy a Bassman BF while they're still sooooooo cheap. You won't be disappointed.

Great guitars dude!
post #70 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 04:54 AM

Quote:
buy a Bassman BF
whats that ? please ignore my ignorance? i am eventully thinking of upgrading to the carvin legacy or along them lines , just got the marshall for a ok price is all , any more info on the one you mentioned would be cool thanks.
post #71 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

[quote="Bezialwhats that ?[/quote]

Fender made this tone-from-heaven amps from 1964 to 1967. 50w of pure valve tone. Very very very nice (did I say it's nice?).

Don't worry about the 50w, I play in many pubs etc.. and it's enought with the vol. between 4 and 6 so....

We're talking about Fender in the mid 60s so it was not made for trash but the cleans are incredible. Plug an original Marshall Guv'nor or a Tubescreamer and you get a great bluesy/rock sound (Do you remember Sweet Child o'mine?). Plug a Boss DS-1 and a deep delay and Mr.Vai comes to see you.

Don't get wrong. Blackfaces are the ones. Do not buy a silverface.

This is a picture of mine with my Les Paul. I built the cab myself. If it's lost, broken or stolen I'll definitely buy anotherone.

To get some extra info go here:

http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/bassman_bf.html

On e-bay the head is being sold from 300 to 500 which is ridiculous. Cabs for mostly the same but they're sooooo big that I'd recommend to build it by yourslef as I did.

If you decide to buy one take in count that this is a vintage amp and after 40 years working he will need some adjustements as a cap job. Therefore schedule from 150 to 250 extra bucks for the "amp-guy"

If you want to know something more don't hesitate to ask. I love my amp.
post #72 of 101 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 06:01 AM

looks like a nice setup you have rufes, thanks for the info on the amp , used to own a 59SLP marshall years ago and that was a jimi hendrix plug and play sound , i have heard the fender twin (an old one) wasnt realy happy with that it was a little piercing but i would imagine with the bass that wouldnt be the case , may look into one but the aussie $$$$ exchange rate makes indian amps look good and europe and us a lot of saving at this moment, sorry if i have insulted any indian amp makers out there.
post #73 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

OK, I finally made a picture of my main gear after I bought the Jem being now as follows:

- '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus

- '03 Ibanez Jem7Vwh

- '67 Fender Bassman BF

- Pedalboard (in order): Dunlop Crybaby, Boss TU-2, Japanese Boss DS-1, British Marshall Guv'nor, Digitech whammy, Boss GE-7, Boss DD-3, EH Holy Grail.

post #74 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 03:56 PM

Guitars:
Jem FP ('91...I think)
Custom Jem LNG
Custom Jem SFG
Custom Jem "Vai Dye" (Under construction).
Custom JPM "Marvin the Martian"
Custom RG "Dante's Eagle" Pencil graphic

Amplification:
ADA Micro-Tube 200

Effects:
Roland GP-16 w/foot controller

Sound:
Marshall 4x10 angle cab.
post #75 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 10:07 AM

Hi. I'm new here, so I thought this would be a good place to make my first post.

Guitars:
Jem 77FP
Jem 777DY
RG550DX
Fender American Strat

Bass:
Ibanez SR200DX

Amp:
Carvin SX200 2X12" combo
(I need a bass amp)

Effects:
Digitech autowah
DOD Death Metal and Grunge Distortion
DOD Chorus, Flange, Phaser, and Vibrato
Nady Compressor (rack mount)

I also have the SKB pedal board with the 3 space rack built into it. I have a Sabine rack tuner in there, too.

I'm out of country right now, but I will post pics when I get back next month.

Tags
acoustic amp , air norton , alesis midiverb , bass amp , behringer fcb , blue voodoo , boss pedal , boss pedals , bridge pickup , carvin legacy combo , celestion vintage , combo amp , crate blue voodoo , custom jem , custom jpm , custom pickguard , custom shop , dave mustaine , dean markley , death metal , digitech whammy , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio bridge , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolution bridge , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , distortion pedal , dunlop cry baby , dunlop crybaby , dunlop jazz iii , engl savage , engl screamer , engl thunder , ernie ball , evh phase , evolution bridge , evolution bridge pickup , fat strat , fender bassman , fender champ , fender fat strat , fender hot rod , fender strat , fender telecaster , fender twin , fernandes sustainer , floyd rose , gauge strings , gibson les paul , gibson les paul standard , gibson les paul studio , horsie wah , ibanez jem , ibanez paul gilbert , ibanez pgm , jackson kelly , jem lng , jim dunlop , jim dunlop jazz iii , jimi hendrix , keeley mod , korean guitar , kramer baretta , les paul , les paul standard , les paul studio , lgm guitars , marshall avt , marshall dsl , marshall guv , marshall jtm , marshall tsl , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie mark , mesa cab , mesa dual , mesa road king , mexican strat , midi controller , midi pedal , morley wah , music store , mxr evh phase , mxr phase , neck pickup , neck pup , noise suppressor , paf pro , patrick eggle , paul gilbert , paul reed , paul reed smith , peavey bandit , peavey classic , peavey wolfgang , pedal board , power amp , recto cab , reed smith , rich warlock , richie kotzen , rocktron chameleon , rocktron hush , rocktron velocity , rocktron voodu valve , roland cube , sansamp psa , scalloped neck , schecter revenger , sonic maximizer , space rack , spring reverb , squier strat , steve vai , strat plus , string bass , strobe tuner , super distortion , super overdrive , tone zone , tube combo , van halen , volume pedal , voodoo lab , voodu valve , wah pedal , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in