what model of guitar / amp / effects do you play? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

what model of guitar / amp / effects do you play?

What gear are you using mainly? PICS WANTED!!!

I'll go first:

- Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Std plus / RG505 / Jem7Vwh (on the way from Rich)

- Amps: Fender Bassman '66 / Tech21 Trademark

- Pedals (in order): Digitech Whammy / Cry Baby / Boss TU2 / Marshall Guv'nor (english old one) / Boss DS1 (japanese) / Boss GE7 / Boss DD3 / Electroharmonix Holygrail

I'll post my pic as soon as the Jem arrives (No more nails to eat)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 07:30 AM

no pics but will post them soon.

guitar - 2002 7vwh, a stupib bc rich warlock, and hopefully a 75 strat

amp - marshall avt50

effects - crybaby 535q and morley little alligator.
post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 10:23 AM

I will also get pics up soon...

Leaving acoustics and bass out of the equasion, I'm cycling through my electrics as best as I can, trying to give them each some play-time and trying not to keep going back to my fave.

Electrics: RGT3120TV (w/AN/TZ), Jem77BFP, PGM10th, Parker Nitefly, Carvin TL60 (all maple).

Amps: Rivera M60 4x10, Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12

Effect chain: (Guitar) - (Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah) - (Zinky True Grit OD) - (Visual Sound Jekyll&Hyde OD/Dist) - (Red Witch Moon Phase: Phaser/Tremolo) - (Visual Sound H2O Chorus/Echo) - (DOD DFX9 Digital Delay) - (Nick Greer Royal Fromage: Clean Boost) - (amp)

-Ben
post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 01:31 PM

Main:
Jem 777DY (E)
UV777PBK (A)

Backup:
Kramer Baretta (E)
RG7420 (A)

Effect:
Digitech 2120 Artist
Dunflop Wah

Amp:
Behringer Europower 2500 into 2 x Marshall AVT412A

edit: No pics cos gear is at studio
post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 01:55 PM

guitars :

Ibanez RG1880 BGS J-Custom
Strat '50s reissue fotoflame (Japan)
Burns Brian May Signature

amp :

peavey classic 20

effects :

Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Digitech RP200

photos on http://isaetvince.free.fr/photosv
post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 02:17 PM

Let's see

Guitar: Jem 7vwh / PRS custom 22 / RG565 / Home-made tele thinline

Amp: Fender Prosonic head to Fender Tonemaster cab

Effects: Digitech Whammy IV, Dunlop 535 wah, Boss dd2, dd3, ch2, hf2, tr2, sd1, Morley volume, Digitech DHP-55, Roland SRV-2000

I think that's what I have hooked up right now, there is lots of other stuff but that's the current sound.
post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 04:42 PM

VWH, BFP, DNA,
Line 6 AX 2
thats all.
post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:03 PM

Jem 7VSBL

Digitech Valve FX
Alesis 3630
Some cheap 15 band EQ
Bad Horsie

Directly to Korg D1600 16 track recorder and out to monitors.
post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:17 PM

my Jems/UVs

You can see my little Ibanez/Vai collection here:

http://members.tripod.com/~maximinus777/myaxes.html

I no longer have the pink Jem, but have since added a black/green UV and a purple multi-color Jem. Sorry for the antiquation of those (and my Steve Vai fanboy page that back it), but I forgot how to code HTML long ago!
post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:24 PM

amps and effects

Sorry, I forgot to answer the other 2/3 of your question... My main amp is a Crate 100W half stack, wired in stereo to take the true stereo output from a Boss GT-5 multieffects floor unit (the GT-5 is a lot like the GT-6 they currently sell, to give you some idea). I never use the gain channels on the amp, cause the Boss unit emulates most of their classic distortion pedals, and I also have a standalone Boss MetalZone that I use on occasion.

I have a CryBaby wah pedal and a Morley Bad Horsie 2 electro-optically switched wah (I prefer the latter for ease of use). I have a couple of other standalone effects, like a Boss graphic EQ, volume pedal, and an Ibanez phaser, but mostly use the GT-5 for distortion and modulation effects, and I have a rackmount Alesis Midiverb 4 (great unit) for reverb and delay effects.

Rarely, I use an older Peavey 50W 2x12" combo amp (it has a bit warmer sound than the big Crate), and sometime I'll borrow a friend's Fender half-stack if I'm going to playing a lot of clean stuff, but I'm very happy with my primary rig, and have been using the same stuff for about six or seven years now.

AFAIK, the only piece you can still buy new is the Midiverb -- I was shocked to see a stack of new, boxed ones at my music store, and they don't seem to have lowered the price any since I bought mine, so it must be a pretty popular device.
post #11 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 01:50 PM

Not doing bad for a 16 year old here

Guitars: - Patrick Eggle Vienna Pro http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._body_shot.jpg , Some Maverick lol Bought this to take to College and back every day (i'm doing Music A-level) and i won't be overly concerned if it gets a bit damaged..

Amp: Marshall TSL 601

Effects: Roland GP100 with FC200 midi floorboard sounds awesome. Morley Proseries 2 wah pedal, Boss ds-1. < Don't use these 2 any more since getting the GP100, it does everything i need and way way more lol..
post #12 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 03:20 PM
RCB

Guitars:
1996 Jem10
1990 UV77MC
1991 UV77MC
2002 RGT3120TDB
2002 RG3120TW
1992 RBM1BK
2003 Customized S470
Bolt on Custom Made
Neckthrough Custom Made
Neckthrough Yamaha 1412

Amp: Laney GH120 head with a 4x10 closed cab

Effects: Boss GT6

I know..... i should spend a little less money in guitars and invest a little more in equipment.
post #13 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 05:00 PM

Re: my Jems/UVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-T
You can see my little Ibanez/Vai collection here:

http://members.tripod.com/~maximinus777/myaxes.html

I no longer have the pink Jem, but have since added a black/green UV and a purple multi-color Jem. Sorry for the antiquation of those (and my Steve Vai fanboy page that back it), but I forgot how to code HTML long ago!
lmao, love this bit right here:

Quote:
Some fat bitch at a party we were playing at a couple months ago said that my guitar was ugly. I think it looks cool, but Love Chunks is entitled to her own opinion.
post #14 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMerkert
VWH, BFP, DNA,
Line 6 AX 2
thats all.
Oh good, my DNA is still around and in the right hands. How's it going Wolf? How's my baby treating you? :P

Anyways,

Guitar: Jem7CVBK

Amp: Line6 Flextone II HD powering a Jackson 4x12 cab.

Effects: What's on-board the Flextone + Bad Horsie II wah and a Whammy 4

Tha's it, tha's all! Finally all the chunk'o'liscious tone I can handle in a very simple rig. No more needing a half hour to set up and another half hour to break down for a gig. It's plug and play all the way, baby!

LJ
post #15 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 07:04 AM

Here's the babies...

Here they are.

As for gear, I have a Samson 260 for power, an old Digitech TwinTube (hooray for Ebay!) and a Carvin 2x12 cab, circa 1990. That's the rig.

-Roger

Tags
acoustic amp , air norton , alesis midiverb , bass amp , behringer fcb , blue voodoo , boss pedal , boss pedals , bridge pickup , carvin legacy combo , celestion vintage , combo amp , crate blue voodoo , custom jem , custom jpm , custom pickguard , custom shop , dave mustaine , dean markley , death metal , digitech whammy , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio bridge , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolution bridge , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , distortion pedal , dunlop cry baby , dunlop crybaby , dunlop jazz iii , engl savage , engl screamer , engl thunder , ernie ball , evh phase , evolution bridge , evolution bridge pickup , fat strat , fender bassman , fender champ , fender fat strat , fender hot rod , fender strat , fender telecaster , fender twin , fernandes sustainer , floyd rose , gauge strings , gibson les paul , gibson les paul standard , gibson les paul studio , horsie wah , ibanez jem , ibanez paul gilbert , ibanez pgm , jackson kelly , jem lng , jim dunlop , jim dunlop jazz iii , jimi hendrix , keeley mod , korean guitar , kramer baretta , les paul , les paul standard , les paul studio , lgm guitars , marshall avt , marshall dsl , marshall guv , marshall jtm , marshall tsl , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie mark , mesa cab , mesa dual , mesa road king , mexican strat , midi controller , midi pedal , morley wah , music store , mxr evh phase , mxr phase , neck pickup , neck pup , noise suppressor , paf pro , patrick eggle , paul gilbert , paul reed , paul reed smith , peavey bandit , peavey classic , peavey wolfgang , pedal board , power amp , recto cab , reed smith , rich warlock , richie kotzen , rocktron chameleon , rocktron hush , rocktron velocity , rocktron voodu valve , roland cube , sansamp psa , scalloped neck , schecter revenger , sonic maximizer , space rack , spring reverb , squier strat , steve vai , strat plus , string bass , strobe tuner , super distortion , super overdrive , tone zone , tube combo , van halen , volume pedal , voodoo lab , voodu valve , wah pedal , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode